North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grab-

Biggest one I could find, used to clear parking lots.

photomar04152543.jpg

Spent a couple hours on the FJR today around the lake...it's still kinda chilly.

photomar04154611.jpg

Next Tag-

Your bike and a winery, micro-brewery or distillery.

photomar04155549.jpg

Winery, micro-brewery, or distillery?

Oh man... you make this too easy. These are all of my hangouts!

(nice grab and move)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just goes to show how far coolness goes.

That was a pretty fine brucing, Phil.

Where was the mountain shot Jim?

Grab...

P3042854.JPG

The next Tag: Your bike and “Big Things”

Things which are “Giant Size.” For instance, when you think of cowboy boots, think “Giant Cowboy Boots,” like these. Must be objects as opposed to photos of objects. Have fun. I passed three giant objects to get these.

P3022841.JPG

Keep Going! Excuse me while I take my helmet off.....
rolleyes.gif

re: Prior tag

I don't really know where that is without lookin' it up, though it sounds very familiar. Still very cool.

thumbsup.gif

New tag: Big things... This could be trouble if some deviants get involved here.

re: Prior tag
I don't really know where that is without lookin' it up, though it sounds very familiar. Still very cool.

thumbsup.gif

New tag: Big things... This could be trouble if some deviants get involved here.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that no body parts show-up Fred....
help.gif

Keep Going!

We all need to keep in mind that this is the "North American" game. Time zones are therefore a factor.

I figure my best opportunities may be between 6 and 9 AM eastern time while you left coast bastiges are still asleep!
tonguesmiley.gif

Ok, so how big to things need to be? I can find a bottle larger than the motorcycle, but not giant like the boots.

Ok, so how big to things need to be? I can find a bottle larger than the motorcycle, but not giant like the boots.
If it just a big bottle, it's just a bottle.
smile.png
If it has an Aspirin label on it, it's a giant bottle. Hope that helps.

More examples can be found here

Keep Going!

Old tag, a Giant Porch Rocker.

If you look closely you can see my helmet on the seat for scale.

100_3881.jpg

And the new tag to find is...

A radar dome!

100_3879.jpg

The security guards came by and rousted me away, but I still managed to get the photo!!

While you are finding a dome, here's some more interesting trivia about this airbase. This is the New Boston Air Force Station. I think that it is currently only active for the radar tracking electronics.

That hill you see in the backdrop is called "Joe English Hill." It's a uniquely shaped hill with a steep cliff on one side, and it is named after a famous Native American Indian who was sympathetic with the English settlers back in the late 1600's. Because of that many of the other Indians wanted to off him. Here's the historical account of of the hill:

In 1705 or 1706, Joe English, a renowned hunter, was camping on the riverbank after a day’s hunt. He had with him two long guns loaded with three balls each. He had placed the guns inside a hollow of a tree to protect them from dampness during the night.

Joe discovered three men were stalking him in the darkness and he began running up the hill to get away from them. When he got near the top, he slackened his pace to allow the pursuers to get closer. As he got to the edge of the cliff, Joe dodged behind a “jutting rock and waited with breathless anxiety.” In another moment, “with a screech,” their dark forms “were rolling down that fearful declivity, to be left at the base for the hungry wolves.”

Here's a picture that I took last summer from the west (left side of of tag photo) of the hill and airbase

100_3771.jpg

Back in WW2 and Korean War times the Airforce used Joe English Hill as a target for practice bombing runs. There is a pond at the base of the cliff that is said to still be loaded with unexploded ordinance, and so the hill and pond both remain off-limits even though it is no longer being used by the military.

Researching Radar Domes.

Here's one from 2011.

radar620_02.jpg

The U.S. Missile Defense Agency’s giant X-band Radar made a slow and dramatic approach to Seattle’s Vigor Shipyards on Tuesday. The giant white sphere crossed Puget Sound, drawing the attention of curious onlookers onshore.

Passengers aboard the Edmonds-Kingston ferry run had an excellent view of the 280-foot-tall craft as it crossed the ferry’s route.

The SBX is 240 feet wide and 390 feet long. It towers more than 280 feet from its keel to the top of the radar dome and displaces nearly 50,000 tons. The main deck is larger than a football field.

It will be in Seattle’s Vigor Shipyard, formerly Todd Shipyard, as part of an upgrade and maintenance project. Read more about the SBX and its visit to Elliott Bay.

Keep Going!

Grab Here’s a pic of the Radome on a British Airways Concorde SST.

P3112864.JPG

The second is the Radome on an A6-E Intruder.
A6%2520Intruder.JPG

Next tag will be your bike and something designed and built for speed only. Something that’s sole purpose, is to go very fast.

ir%2520National%2520Guard.JPG

Keep Going!

sole purpose? Hmmm... I've got some fast things around here, but that isn't their sole purpose.

file photo example (not a tag)

100_3196.jpg

I have a good idea... but I don't know if I can catch one out to be photographed.