Not bar risers--but bar lowers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bete

Reaction score
Well after 2months and 4000miles on my 06 the only thing I really want to change is the bars. I,m used to a more forward ,sporty stance. So with a tip from our own Evil Hinchman. I orderd a set of clip on style bars from a gent in Kentucky. He had not yet sold any to a 06 owner, and unfortunately they don't fit. Some small changes in 06 top tripple tree. So I,m working with a local machinist on a top clamp like used to be on most bikes, this way you can use any 7/8in. bar you want. It would work with taller bars (within cable limits) along with more sporty forward and lower bars. It will retain the factory ajustability, and you can put it all back to stock if you want. I will let you know when I get a price estimate next week. bete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after 2months and 4000miles on my 06 the only thing I really want to change is the bars. I,m used to a more forward ,sporty stance. So with a tip from our own Evil Hinchman. I orderd a set of clip on style bars from a gent in Kentucky. He had not yet sold any to a 06 owner, and unfortunately they don't fit. Some small changes in 06 top tripple tree. So I,m working with a local machinist on a top clamp like used to be on most bikes, this way you can use any 7/8in. bar you want. It would work with taller bars (within cable limits) along with more sporty forward and lower bars. It will retain the factory ajustability, and you can put it all back to stock if you want. I will let you know when I get a price estimate next week. bete.
Is it something like this?

Indeed oh evil one, it is quite similer, only for the 06 it will use the existing bolts that are there now. And will still move back and forth. bete.

Is it something like this?

Hey, how do you go about ordering that sutff?

Looks exactally like what I need....

Thanks

Mary