Nova Scotia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPORT

Reaction score
Looking deeper into ride planning and would like to know which regions and specific locations you would re-vist if/when you return.

Thanks for your suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:
Halifax is a nice city. For touristy stuff, I liked the maritime museum. We also chartered a sailing yacht and toured the harbor. Lots of good walking/sightseeing around the public gardens and Citadel.

Luneneburg has interesting history. Try to score a ride on the Bluenose schooner; I couldn't get tickets. Our group at at the Salt Shaker deli over and over.

The Swiss Air flight 111 memorial is moving, and in a beautiful location near Peggy's Cove.

Annapolis Royale is also interesting, with lots of history. The tides on the bay are unbelievable - 50 feet every 6 hours. The tidal power station gives tours during the summer season.

I was on a bicycle tour, which forced us to stay in some towns that were geographically convenient, but not particularly interesting from a tourist perspective. Included among these were Liverpool, Kingston, and Wolfville. Kingston was funny. We stayed in a very, very plain little motel, with attached plain little restaurant. But the food was incredible. The cook used to be a big city fancy restuarant lead chef, but got tired of the pressure and long hours. Wolfville is a university town with lots of good bars.

I haven't ridden Cape Breton, but have been told it is the most spectacular scenery.

Don't miss the Annapolis Valley, and a little known place called "Duncan's Cove" is a killer. It's been (gasp!) 40 years since I left there, but Duncan's Cove used to be a few little cabins (supposedly a well-off artists' enclave, and I believe it, because they had their own airstrip, in the 2 1/2 yrs that I was going to Dalhousie, I never saw anyone out there) just inland of an old citadel, overlooking the Atlantic, complete with old gun emplacements (no guns!), well-kept light house (and fog-horn; damn, it would rattle your insides on a foggy day!), and you could just go in and wander around. Much fun in my younger days! Also, if you're going that far, I'd probably add a side trip to Prince Edward's Island and New Foundland; I've never stopped kicking myself in the ass for missing that opportunity, but in the manner of youth, I always thought there'd be more time. . .

Last edited by a moderator: