OCC Show Tonight

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S76

Reaction score
Tonights OCC show is featuring a chopper they built for Sikorsky Aircraft. We picked up the Tutles a couple of times in NY and brought them to the Sikorsky factory in CT for tours etc. I am told our big blue and white helicopter is going to be on the show. I already missed the 9PM (EST) show but it is supposed to repeat at 11PM. I better put a tape in cuz I'll probably fall asleep.

I'm definitely interested in the helicopters! But not enough to watch the Tootles fuss and whine!

What model Sikorsky? An S76 I suppose?

I'm definitely interested in the helicopters! But not enough to watch the Tootles fuss and whine!

What model Sikorsky? An S76 I suppose?

We have 2. An S76 which holds about 6 passengers, and the one on the show is an S92 which holds 11 in an executive configuration, or 28 in an airline configuration. I fell asleep and missed it last night, I saw the helicopter in the begining but missed the rest.

I agree though the show is not on my top ten list.

Forget the show, get us a video tour of the helicopter factory!

The factory is an awsome place. At one point in time they were producing 50 Black Hawk helicopters a month. I got to see the Black Hawks that made it back from Grenada (sp?) They were returned to the factory in need of repair and they used them for a demo for the military. They had so many holes in them you couldn't count them all. 1/2 inch al the way up to 6 inch holes. They got cardboard tubes of different sizes and inserted them through the aircraft where each hit was taken. The helicopter looked like a porcupine. One had taken a shell up through the floor to the bottom of the transmission and blew away the whole lower housing. It flew over 30 minutes back with no transmission oil. Another had taken a large shell up through the bottom and right through the instrument panel and blew out both windshields and still made it back. There is no doubt it is the worlds most durable helicopter for combat.

After 30 years helicopters still amaze me. Incredible machines. And the fact that their high maintenance requirements mean job security doesn't hurt either.

Last edited by a moderator:
After 30 years helicopters still amaze me. Incredible machines. And the fact that their high maintenance requirements mean job security doesn't hurt either.
Especially when others keep putting holes in them, etc., etc. yada, yada, yada! :D

I watched enough of the show to see Toodle, Sr. butcher a frame....and they still rode the bike....and Sikorsky fawned all over it. I know their engineering is far superior to the display of cutters and torches. :dribble: In fact, I'd bet they could have built the bike "in house" better than what they paid for.....IMO...

Latest posts