• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OEM 08 Hard Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonG

Reaction score
Both OEM hard bags off a 2008 that I now longer own.

Both have minor scuffs/scratches from normal use; neither has touched the ground.

OEM locks and one key included.

$450 for both, shipped ConUS.

Here are a couple quick iPhone pics. I will take better pics in the sunlight if you want them.

Both are dirty from normal use, and would look significantly better if I washed them...

162-1.jpg

160-1.jpg

164-1.jpg

What, these aren't sold already? I thought somebody would have snatched 'em up by now. We don't see sets of these for sale too often. Good luck with your sale. A little cash AFTER Christmas would be a help to anybody!!

By the way, that iPhone takes great pictures.

Just curious, how come they didn't sell with the bike? Did the buyer not want them??

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gary.

In the right light, this iPhone 4S takes surprisingly good photos.

Yes, buyer didn't want them.

Yukon,

I am interested. I have one question though can you tell me the rectangular dimension (not including the little "points" on the ends)? I am trying to figure out if the OEM bags will fit my laptop for commuting.

Thanks!

Marco

Hi Marco,

I'm unsure exactly what you want measured. I routinely carried my laptop in a bag (2 different 14" laptops). If fact, I had the laptop in a backpack with other large textbooks, and whole thing would fit in a bag. And a larger laptop will fit if you "angle" it in the bag, although I don't know the limit. What exactly do you want measured; and do you not have a FJR to try your laptop in?

Hi Marco,

I'm unsure exactly what you want measured. I routinely carried my laptop in a bag (2 different 14" laptops). If fact, I had the laptop in a backpack with other large textbooks, and whole thing would fit in a bag. And a larger laptop will fit if you "angle" it in the bag, although I don't know the limit. What exactly do you want measured; and do you not have a FJR to try your laptop in?
I have an FZ1 (gen2) which can accept the FJR bags (with a Yamaha mounting kit).

I guess the best thing to do is find an FJR to test my laptop for fitting. Its only a 15.6" screen, but the overall width is pretty big (due to widescreen layout). The dimensions are: 14.7" x 9.65" Do you know if this would fit, based on your experience?

Thanks,

Marco

Hi Marco,

I have an FZ1 (gen2) which can accept the FJR bags (with a Yamaha mounting kit).

I guess the best thing to do is find an FJR to test my laptop for fitting. Its only a 15.6" screen, but the overall width is pretty big (due to widescreen layout). The dimensions are: 14.7" x 9.65" Do you know if this would fit, based on your experience?

Thanks,

Marco
I have a 15.6 HP that I will try.

My laptop is 13.5" x 9.5" and in a backpack case (also containing AC adapter, mouse, tools, and a pair of shoes), it fits in the side bag of my FJR with no problem.

I have the same size Toshiba laptop 14.7" x 9.65" It barely fits in the side case diagonally (hinge against the lower inside corner, lid supported on the case door upper outside). A minimal laptop sleeve might be added for protection. so it works, but not very well.

I use a top case to carry this computer. Jamesh75 can fit his in the side-case, but that extra length on yours will make it very tight and required it to be angled. The case is about 17" long but is not rectangular.

I have the same size Toshiba laptop 14.7" x 9.65" It barely fits in the side case diagonally (hinge against the lower inside corner, lid supported on the case door upper outside). A minimal laptop sleeve might be added for protection. so it works, but not very well.

I use a top case to carry this computer. Jamesh75 can fit his in the side-case, but that extra length on yours will make it very tight and required it to be angled. The case is about 17" long but is not rectangular.
I guess an extra inch really does make a difference. LOL