Oil and Fuel for FJR;

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...changed final drive oil today 1st time.

It seems like I put more in than I got out - Might be good for new ones to check.

....if this is chum in the water for the 'forum sharks', careful I gotta f**kin' grenade for ya! Just trying to help my brothers out.

Don't worry about us, worry about your abs getting disabled by a disgruntled guinness drinker.

OH, boy....here we go. Isn't this in the neverendingpointless thread section? Someone spank me. Wake me from the madness.
This is the second thread I have read today with someone asking for a spanking. So when my '06 comes in, what might I expect to see at a gathering of FJR owners anyways :eek: ?

Last edited by a moderator:
While I have never encountered any special sort of "break in" oil for filling the crankcase the first time please be aware that many/most engine manufacturers use a ZDP rich assembly lube on critical components (bearings, bearing journals, cam lobes, etc....). This additional assembly lube "pollutes" the factory fill of engine oil (which in all likelyhood is plain engine oil) adding a significant amount of the anti-wear ZDP compound to that first crankcase full of oil. So...while the oil installed by the OEM wasn't special by itself the addition of the assembly lube DOES create a sort of breakin oil mixture that provides extra anti-wear protection when the engine is green. The extra dose of ZDP will also keep the concentration of ZDP at a sufficient level for wear protection during the first oil change interval as the green engine will be depleting the ZDP more rapidly during breakin when parts are burnishing and mating at critical surfaces. That is one reason that the first oil change interval can go the full distance even though the engine is breaking in and taking more out of the oil during the first fill.

OH, boy....here we go. Isn't this in the neverendingpointless thread section? Someone spank me. Wake me from the madness.
This is the second thread I have read today with someone asking for a spanking. So when my '06 comes in, what might I expect to see at a gathering of FJR owners anyways :eek: ?
Hey V,

You sound way too willing to spank the guys on the forum, is there something you should tell us now? :eek: :D :p :bleh: :p

Actually I was worried about showing up to a gathering and seeing a bunch of guys in leather chaps carrying whips or something. Not that there's anything wrong with that :blink: What I was really hoping was that ladies would be in chaps with whips, then I am in for sure :D

It is OK to hi-jack any thread that talks about oil, right?

Yes, it's ok. Especially if you keep repeating "rear end lube". Hm....where's my mascara at?

You left it in the left side fairing compartment odot ya lunkhead, though I doubt it's any good now as it gets pretty warm in there :p :D

:jester:

I'll just have to make do. I gotsta look pretty when I work on my scoot. ;)

Hijacking is an art. If you can go from oil to mascara in one page you are a pro.

I like butter.....anyone ever seen the movie "last tango in paris"? With marlon brando?

So is there is a list of stuff an Feejer rider needs to bring with them?

1) Leather Chaps

2) Whip

3) Mascara

4) Olive Oil

5) butter

sounds like I am going to need a top case.

That's one hell of party you must be going to. I wasn't invited....sniff, sniff. I feel left out now. :beee:

Couldn't tell ya, tango...been gone since tuesday. I'll be back tomorrow, though. We should set up a meet. Get some bran and fiber and decaf coffee. Of course, fjrchik will have to check the weather before she can meet anyone. lol