Oil and Fuel for FJR;

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awww rogue. i'm sorry. hey ~ i love pasadena! i was there last october for my brother's wedding. it was awesome. i want to be in california so bad. but it's gonna fall into the ocean soon so there's no point. oops, i guess that still isn't fun. crap. sorry again.
By the way, there chikie, how's your air conditioning hold up with those rolling blackouts? ;) :D
no blackouts here in tx that I know of. really. we got tons of power.

always thought was another perk of california!

Back off there, haytrigger(fjrchik). Apparently there were some black outs here in tejas while I was out of town....twn might have a point....but I won't give it to him. Cali will fall into the ocean....it's not a matter of if......it's a matter of when... :unsure:

Oh, we won't fall off into the ocean, rather, we'll simply float away from the mainland and get to create our own country. I'll be the new ruler of said new island nation and we shall christen it, "The Republic of Nutland". Our national flower will be the 'bud' and the only allowed vehicle will be the motorcycle - no skooters, as they are gay and will be banished to the Kingdom of Gay, currently known as, 'Texas' (though some may argue that title should really go to the Twin Cities area).

Unfortunately, we will lose access to our landfill, currently called, 'Casa Grande, AZ' and will have to find another. It shall be called, 'Clovis' and we shall call it's gate keeper, 'Toecutter'.

As the new ruler, I shall be called, 'His Supreme Awesome Magnificence" and will have my pick of the 'Belles' of the land of Nutland. Henceforth, Toecutter shall be a lonely man...

One final decree that Nut The Great shall make: All of our toilets will flush into the states of New Jersey and Ohio and their residents shall shout with glee at their new found good fortune!

The End

Now go to bed and get some sleep. All of you!

PS I hope I didn't miss anybody! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
so inspite of Cali going to fall into the ocean, and that this and it seems every other forum is full of Texicali's Nobody answered the question about gas yet...

and dont' tell me to RTFM... I dont' have one... Gary ..who i bought the bike from...hasnt' found it yet...<G>..

Ok, 05 FJR.... which I finally got to ride for a bit today....

now to go check search for adjusting the shock, lowering and why the clutch is adjusted so far out....

mary

Since no one mentioned it and my altitude is not what some of you others is I use 86 octane. :) Albuquerque BTW.

The only way California is going to float is if all the airheads hold on real tight when it lets go. First blonde that checks her/his hair will cause a chain reaction resulting in immediate submersion.

You need to work on a Plan B and quick TWN !

Now I don't mind reading oil threads like this. It is really amazing the ideas of some about oil especially with all the info out there. Dealers and their wrenches, not wenches, should be casterated for mentioning clutch slippage with synthetics. Of course we would have to be careful. They are still carrying clubs and eating raw meat cuz they don't have fire.

I do have an interesting tidbit regarding Mobil 1...

Several years ago (first the earth cooled...), before MX4T existed...

I called 1-800-ASK-MOBIL, and after several relays, got to a technical person (so he said...)

I questioned using Mobil 1 for cars in my sport bike, and was ASSURED (we all know what that means), the "Numerous race teams use Mobil 1 in their motorcycles, and it's much better than all those motorcycle specific blends" -- of course at the time -- there was no Mobil 1 product specifically designed for motorcycles.

After the advent (or marketing scheme) for Mobil 1 MX4T and V-Twin, I called tech support AGAIN...

Guess what -- they warned me NOT to use Mobil 1 in ANY motorcycle unless of course it's the MX4T or V-Twin blend.

So -- what does that mean? I donno. I never had any prob's with dino, or Mobil 1 for cars, and now I have no prob's with either yamalube, or Mobil 1 MX4T.

I guess, if you change it often, keep it clean, it will all be ok.

Oh -- as for fuel -- I just use Chevron 87, then Amoco (now BP) 93 alternating 3 tanks each -- why you ask -- I donno. It just makes me 'feel' like im doing the right thing -- never had any problems. Also to note, 3 generations of auto mechanics (6 bay home owned) have never replaced an automotive fuel pump on any vehicle that uses that techroline (sp?) stuff in Chevron.

The never ending dribble never ends does it? My thought :haha:

Since no one mentioned it and my altitude is not what some of you others is I use 86 octane. :) Albuquerque BTW.
Thanks... I think I'm about 800 ft altitude...

Put i Hi test cause that's what my other bikes use, but it was over $3.00 a gal... so lower octane is better!

thanks

Mary

So is there is a list of stuff an Feejer rider needs to bring with them? 1) Leather Chaps

2) Whip

3) Mascara

4) Olive Oil

5) butter

sounds like I am going to need a top case.
Cheese. you forgot the Cheese

Also to note, 3 generations of auto mechanics (6 bay home owned) have never replaced an automotive fuel pump on any vehicle that uses that techroline (sp?) stuff in Chevron.
I use Chevron and lost two fuel pumps in one week (My work truck on Thursday and my personal truck the following Monday). :blink: :(

I don't think fuel brand matters on fuel pump life.

Awright!! WHO put this thread back on TRACK? :eek: I take a few days off :alcoholic: .... an things fall completely apart. Odot I thought you had stuff in hand but I guess fjrchick mus be doin' the deep cleanin' thing :bigeyes:

Good to see Rad found his way home :D

:jester:

Awright!! WHO put this thread back on TRACK? :eek: I take a few days off :alcoholic: .... an things fall completely apart. Odot I thought you had stuff in hand but I guess fjrchick mus be doin' the deep cleanin' thing :bigeyes: Good to see Rad found his way home :D

Maybe if we put some cheese in the gasoline, the fuel pumps would last longer....

Is that better? :)

Mary

Awright!! WHO put this thread back on TRACK? :eek: I take a few days off :alcoholic: .... an things fall completely apart.  Odot  I thought you had stuff in hand but I guess fjrchick mus be doin' the deep cleanin' thing    :bigeyes:  Good to see Rad found his way home :D

Maybe if we put some cheese in the gasoline, the fuel pumps would last longer....

Mary
What kinda cheese you be puttin in? I hear goat cheese is the shit! whatcho hearin'? :argue:

The only way California is going to float is if all the airheads hold on real tight when it lets go.  First blonde that checks her/his hair will cause a chain reaction resulting in immediate submersion.
You need to work on a Plan B and quick TWN !
Silly man! You forget we have maximum inflated boobage here. In fact, I'm concerned about floating up to the Ionosphere!

Awright!! WHO put this thread back on TRACK? :eek: I take a few days off :alcoholic: .... an things fall completely apart.  Odot  I thought you had stuff in hand but I guess fjrchick mus be doin' the deep cleanin' thing    :bigeyes:  Good to see Rad found his way home :D

Mary
What kinda cheese you be puttin in? I hear goat cheese is the shit! whatcho hearin'? :argue:

goat cheese sounds appropriate! :D

With maybe a bit of that high quality fuel addititive .... Thunderbird..... :haha:

mary

Awright!! WHO put this thread back on TRACK? :eek: I take a few days off :alcoholic: .... an things fall completely apart.  Odot   I thought you had stuff in hand but I guess fjrchick mus be doin' the deep cleanin' thing    :bigeyes:   Good to see Rad found his way home :D

Mary

goat cheese sounds appropriate! :D

With maybe a bit of that high quality fuel addititive .... Thunderbird..... :haha:

mary
OK, lets figure this out. We're going to lube up the fuel pump with goat cheese, so we can run 100% thunderbird (cheaper than gas), but only the white thunderbird, I think the dye in the red stuff would foul the pugs.

there have I got it? :rolleyes:

Mary

I can't believe that none of you are payin' attention!

Who is the patron saint of this board?

What is this thread about?

Then, of course, the correct answer is "moist ass cheese!"

Sheesh! :rolleyes: