OK I found an 07 in Black Cherry like I wanted....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spridal

Reaction score
Now I need to know if 11,500 OTD is a good price. Also, if I understand correctly all the 07's are equipped with ABS right?

Now I need to know if 11,500 OTD is a good price. Also, if I understand correctly all the 07's are equipped with ABS right?

starting in 06, ABS standard..............

That is a very good price. I was a grand higher with my 06 OTD.

Been looking for an 07 A in New England - where you located? Found one in VT for 12,400 OTD, then 6% Maine tax when it gets here. Looking to do a little better if possible.

Been looking for an 07 A in New England - where you located? Found one in VT for 12,400 OTD, then 6% Maine tax when it gets here. Looking to do a little better if possible.

I called a dealer in UT and they said the best they can do is $13,100 on the floor for an '07 A model. I would really like to be able to get them down to that $11,500, at the very least for a starting point. When you say $11,500 OTD, how does your state work for sales tax and such and is this part of the OTD price? Our sales tax is 6.5, plus our registration fees. I'll be riding it home next week if I can get the '07 truely OTD for $11,500 and nothing more.

For $1500 more you can get a 08 for $13,000. Check out CYCLETRADER, Honda East, in Ohio, is listing their A models at $12,899. Team motorsports in Charlotte still has one 07 left for $11600, they were pretty negoiatable with the price when I brought mine 2 months ago.

For $1500 more you can get a 08 for $13,000. Check out CYCLETRADER, Honda East, in Ohio, is listing their A models at $12,899. Team motorsports in Charlotte still has one 07 left for $11600, they were pretty negoiatable with the price when I brought mine 2 months ago.

So, $13,200 is not too bad of a starting point for my dealer here.

The tax in my area is 7.75. I confirmed with the dealer that 11,500 includes all set fees and taxes. That is all I will pay out the door.

I called a dealer in UT and they said the best they can do is $13,100 on the floor for an '07 A model. I would really like to be able to get them down to that $11,500, at the very least for a starting point. When you say $11,500 OTD, how does your state work for sales tax and such and is this part of the OTD price? Our sales tax is 6.5, plus our registration fees. I'll be riding it home next week if I can get the '07 truely OTD for $11,500 and nothing more.

Go for it. $12,200 in Tn about 6 months ago.
I also paid $12,200 in November (dealer in Picayune, MS). However, back in the day, "OTD" meant INCLUDING all TT&L (FINAL price; hence, "out the door").

The gracious salesman told me $11,700 at first, but didn't mention the $500 dealer prep until I pressed him! Swore it was just a "pass-thru" cost from his lovely service department.

Go for it!

BTW, I like the looks of the black better, but I have a problem in general with visibility of black bikes. But I would like to have gotten an '08 because of the supposed shifting improvements (although mine shifts satisfactorily with my size 14 boot).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would step right up and grab it. I paid $13200 otd for my '07 last June and was delighted. ABS is standard on all '07s :rolleyes: