OK Midwesterners--Who Rode Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the KLR out today. You couldn't knock the smile off my face with a 2x4. Had some cobwebs, found that I forgot to watch traffic behind me at a stoplight, little stuff like that. The KLR with 17's is very hard to ride conservatively. I had to remind myself it was still cold, still sandy, and people weren't expecting me to be dicing traffic in subzero temps.

Still good.

I got the KLR out today. You couldn't knock the smile off my face with a 2x4. Had some cobwebs, found that I forgot to watch traffic behind me at a stoplight, little stuff like that. The KLR with 17's is very hard to ride conservatively. I had to remind myself it was still cold, still sandy, and people weren't expecting me to be dicing traffic in subzero temps.
Still good.
Good for you fireguy! I rolled out my KLR this morning and that bitch let me down. Wouldn't fire up or even think of starting. :angry: I'm going home in a few and beat the hell out of it until it starts.

I met my wife for dinner last night. The bike said 18. It was about 12 miles each way. You could tell drivers aren't used to having a bike on the road anymore. It was so much fun though. Almost couldn't get through the snow on the driveway.

23 F on the way in this morning. Not too bad, just had to dodge some ice still on the roads. :blink:

Gonna be up in the 50's later today. :yahoo:

But the 'tards here at work are putting down sand in the damn parking lot. :angry2:

Got out for a couple of hours today. 35 when I left, 42 on the way back in. The PR2's sure don't like cold weather. And if you think that the "Black Tar Snakes" are slippery on a 95 degree day, you should see them on a damp 38 degree day. Slicker than Snot! But at least I got out. Supposed to be about 60 tommorrow, rain in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. Sooooooooooooooo! I'll be out in the afternoon. Probably the only good thing about being out of work is I can ride the FJR as much as I want. I'll Post up tommorrow night and let you guy's know how it went. Also bought some new "SHOES" for it in the "GB" section, $275.00 shipped, hard to pass up. Hope you guy's saw the "Post". Later Guy's Dave

Got out for a couple of hours today. 35 when I left, 42 on the way back in. The PR2's sure don't like cold weather. And if you think that the "Black Tar Snakes" are slippery on a 95 degree day, you should see them on a damp 38 degree day. Slicker than Snot! But at least I got out. Supposed to be about 60 tommorrow, rain in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. Sooooooooooooooo! I'll be out in the afternoon. Probably the only good thing about being out of work is I can ride the FJR as much as I want. I'll Post up tommorrow night and let you guy's know how it went. Also bought some new "SHOES" for it in the "GB" section, $275.00 shipped, hard to pass up. Hope you guy's saw the "Post". Later Guy's Dave
Hey Dave maybe you just need to heat them tires up a little (just kidding), I didn't think they were that bad in the cold...have a good time this afternoon

Hey Joe, Were you turning onto old 82 this afternoon, saw a blue 05 or 06. Was in my jeep so I didn't stop, but "TOOTED". And if it wasn't you who, who are you? Dave

Well, it's warm here again today (gonna be up around 60) but raining like a mofo.

So, no riding today, but the rain should clear off all the salt and sand and miscellaneous flotsom off the roads.

Now if we could just get the damn potholes filled....

I got 135 miles on today in the Minneapolis area. 35 when I left and 41 on the way back(degrees that is). Roads are pretty dry and not too sandy. Supposed to snow tonight so I figured I'd get one in. Nice and toasty with the Gerbings set on low. First time out since Nov. Man this winter SUCKS!

jevers

Took the 450 out of the garage today and went for a rip (5 miles, does that count). It was 30 degrees and sunny :dance:

For those that must get out today, stop at the Full Moon Restaurant 9:30 am.

Rt 137 & 41.

Full Moon

1300 Skokie Hwy

Lake Bluff, IL 60044

(847) 689-0733

www.fullmoonopen24hours.com

For those that must get out today, stop at the Full Moon Restaurant 9:30 am.Rt 137 & 41.

Full Moon

1300 Skokie Hwy

Lake Bluff, IL 60044

(847) 689-0733

www.fullmoonopen24hours.com

what are you doing on a FJR forum. looking to get rid of the BMW and get a real proformance motorcycle.

16 degrees & it felt great! :yahoo:
Good on ya, Tom!

I'm still in the middle of wiring my FF50's so right now so I have no dash panels installed and wires are laying all over the place. Hopefully I'll finish up this week - damn cold wether makes it difficult for me to work on it in my non-heated garage...