OK Midwesterners--Who Rode Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that must get out today, stop at the Full Moon Restaurant 9:30 am.Rt 137 & 41.

Full Moon

1300 Skokie Hwy

Lake Bluff, IL 60044

(847) 689-0733

www.fullmoonopen24hours.com

what are you doing on a FJR forum. looking to get rid of the BMW and get a real proformance motorcycle.
I was looking into it BEFORE I got the new RT. :rolleyes:

I am off Thursday and Friday if anyone wants to RIDE ED.

:assassin:

I'm not sure if you can Post up that you'll be ridin ED on this Forum, Me thinks the Administrators will sanction this sort of stuff!!!!!! IMHO Dave

It's getting pretty obvious that winter is taking its toll on most of us. This riding "ED" thing has my sides hurting. I did get a chance to ride tonight though, 57 when I left 54, when I got home a few minutes ago. . Went over a buddies house tonight [not ED's] and put the new PR2's on that I got on the group buy about a week ago, man what a difference. The salt is still piled up everwhere making for some tricky corners. Probably wait till it rains to wash off most of the salt, before I chance riding in the salt spray again. Did manage to get about 20 miles on tonight. Yah Who...........Is it Spring yet!!!!!! It's suppose to be in the low 60s tomorrow, who knows maybe I'll chance it anyway. Dave

Ed is MXVET57. We raced back in the days. :ph34r:
So yer saying that the title of this thread should be changed to who rode ED today.

:lol:
gay_thread.jpg

Don't make me break out the secret weapon. This is mild for those of you that haven't been hit by the "weapon". Now let's just put this back n the proper track you sickos! ;)

Supposed to be 52 tomorrow, guess who's disappearing early. Yep me!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Joe, can you get away. PM, me if you can, Probably take 94 down to Cachoton and back up 83. Dave

Rode in 28 degrees for a couple of hours last Wed. and about an hour yesterday at 30. New Dual Stars are doing the trick.

B)

400 miles today. First ride since the AR crash.

Now have a Tourmaster suit and a Yellow Shoei helmet.

It was a shakedown cruise for my new FJR, my new gear, and me. Still a few ghosts out there for me...

...but I feel better today though than yesterday.

It was a shakedown cruise for my new FJR, my new gear, and me. Still a few ghosts out there for me...

Damn... I was thrilled getting 134 today. Starting out in 28 deg weather and getting home in the mid 50s.

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle! Ride safe!

I'm happy for you, WheatonFJR. It must have felt weird but good. I'm glad you got back in the saddle.

i have a few friends who have quit riding due to crashes, fear or family pressure. one of them came over last year and found nobody home. so after me pushing him for years and the little nighthawk sitting there with the keys in it and nobody around to embarrass him he decided to take the plunge into GTA. so he took it for what he planned as a quick little ride. he was gone most of the day and kept calling people and telling them what he was doing. he visited everyone he could and says he had a blast. he is almost 70 with severe prostate cancer and other agent orange related problems and still this is what he talks about every time he comes over. he can't wait for summer so that he can ride again. glad to see you back on two wheels. enjoy.

i have had my bike out for the last three weeks yesterday was 42 going to work 24 and icy on the return. came home just after dark and the water was freezing where the runoff was in the road. first four feet of the driveway was ice so i took it across the yard/mud-pit. Betty's covered with salt anyway.

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle. Take it one day at a time wheaton...