Old Wild Bill's highway mounting plates and pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i know it`s been a little while, & finally got the chance to install my HWY pegs. Decided to install with the ISO pegs & extensions, but the mounting bolt for the extension is 1/2 inch, so no biggie & used my handy dandy step drill bit. After doing the easy deed, I set out to mount the left side first (easier side), i unbolted the 3 old bolts that had to come off, & went to install the plate. Well i ran into a slight snag, as the middle bolt hole was a little bit off set (no biggie, remember step drill bit) Just went 1/2 way between the size i started with & the next size up & all is well :p Now to the right :( bolt holes are perfect & bolted right on, but that was after i had to move the right side fairing quite a bit to be able to get to the bolt tops. I`m not complaining as i am very happy that Bill took the time to build these plates & included very good instructions. Just a note, if you have a Gen 1 i think they mount eisier then the Gen 2 (as the fairing is shaped differenly) Don`t need to post pics , as K Rider allready did :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have stock suspension with a 230lb rider. How are you guys not dragging the highway pegs first? I have damn near worn the tips off of mine.

I did angle mine in a way that they will try to fold up when dragged instead of digging into the pavement.

I have stock suspension with a 230lb rider. How are you guys not dragging the highway pegs first? I have damn near worn the tips off of mine.

I did angle mine in a way that they will try to fold up when dragged instead of digging into the pavement.
Do you have Wild Bill's pegs or do you have some with extensions added to them. I have mine mounted with Kuryakyn offsets and therefore they stick out further than the ones Wild Bill sells. The further out they stick, the sooner they will scape. It also puts the pivot point out further. Now I have never scraped mine, but then again I don't scrape the stock pegs either.

Do you have Wild Bill's pegs or do you have some with extensions added to them. I have mine mounted with Kuryakyn offsets and therefore they stick out further than the ones Wild Bill sells. The further out they stick, the sooner they will scape. It also puts the pivot point out further. Now I have never scraped mine, but then again I don't scrape the stock pegs either.

I use the pegs supplied by Wild Bill

I have the pegs on my 05, and they are awesome, seriously one of hte best investments I have ever made to get the crotch cooling on as well as lessen the strain on long distance hauls....

I was riding heavy last night after the races and scraped the pegs for the very first time in 2-3 years they have been on my bike with Wilburs suspension...

I think it was more of a combination of the pitch of the road and then sudden drop on a quick blind turn I encountered... kinda gave me a scare, but they held up flawlessly and I am still thrilled with them...

It was actually IMO a good alarm for me... let me state, there are absolutely no chicken strips on my tires, and the pegs are always deployed, never folded up...

Man! I thought I heard that...I know he was a really good person.

Why don't someone take off with his design and keep it going. How about Dave from WynPro. He is great at working with this kind of stuff.

I am sure Bill would want to see his hyway pegs design go on...

Man! I thought I heard that...I know he was a really good person.
Why don't someone take off with his design and keep it going. How about Dave from WynPro. He is great at working with this kind of stuff.

I am sure Bill would want to see his hyway pegs design go on...
Garauld did.

...dont keep me in suspense...how do I get a hold of Garauld? Is that the same gent that sells the brackets for a light under the mirror?

Throttle Junkie, I've had issue with a drop yielding an oil leak because the brackets for the pegs are mounted to ENGINE COVERS. The actual bracket torqued enough to let oil escape when the bike hit the ground. They were off the bike the next day never again to grace its performance touring self. Your worries are not unwarranted. A rocket scientist isn't needed to know these are a bad idea... apart from the fact that a lot of people use extensions to make these longer & lever themselves off of the ground. I don't believe these things are so popular. I guess there are a lot of people that don't figure it could happen to them. Yeah, good luck with that.

I just finished a 5500+ tour, and don't believe I could have accomplished it without the pegs. The heat from the lowers is often unbearable in June and July. The pegs let me get some air onto my lowers.

Fears about the results of a tipover or drop are obviously well founded, I just don't see much in the way of alternatives.