Old Wild Bill's highway mounting plates and pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any tall owners out there have these installed? I'm 6'5" with a 36" inseam and wondering how my knees would get along with the top tank cutout with these.

I have had these on my FJRs for hundreds of thousands of miles.

1) They do not interfere with removal of the oil filter unless you use an oil fiter wrench or cap. But the oil filter itself screws on and off just fine. (I use a strap wrench)

2) I have never scraped a WB highway peg, even with the occasional scraping of a normal peg. HOWEVER, I do have custom suspension - shock and forks, that gives me additional cornering clearance. I don't know if that makes a differenc or not. There are some around here that believe the WB highway pegs will hit too soon and can cause a low-side. I am not one of them. I believe that one member posted that he thought the pegs did cause a low side during aggressive cornering. I am skeptical as I have never had an issue.

3) I crashed 4 times with these on. All those times, the bracket or peg was bent/broken. Sometimes the mounting screws got bent. On only one of those crashes did any damage occurr to the case - one of the mounting holes broke. Remember, these were significant crashes, not simple drops. Lots of stuff was 'damaged and broken'.

I love them. Can't see my FJR not having them.

Hellava endorsement: "I've crashed 4 times..."

Have you considered training wheels to go with the highway pegs? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Kuryakin offsets with pegs and have never scraped, but I must mention that I never scraped pegs before getting the highway pegs. It is a concern for me too. Here are some pics to help you decide. Keep in mind the bike is on the center stand which raises the rear end and therefore makes the rider pegs look a little higher than normal.
Hi K Rider, are the Kuryakn mounts you used the 'Longhorn Offset Mounts'. thanks for the great pics and info. Ken

Hi K Rider, are the Kuryakn mounts you used the 'Longhorn Offset Mounts'. thanks for the great pics and info. Ken
No, they are #7996 offsets and I think the pegs are #8002. For some reason the #7996 offsets don't show up in Kuryakyn's search but you can google them and they will come up.

No, they are #7996 offsets and I think the pegs are #8002. For some reason the #7996 offsets don't show up in Kuryakyn's search but you can google them and they will come up.
Thanks, I'll take a look on their site.

I use my Wild Bill pegs a lot and they are deployed 24/7.

That being said, with my sucky undersprung, underdamped stock shock these last months, the Winpro sidestand pad was the first to touchdown on the left side and the centerstand on the right.

That being said, with my sucky undersprung, underdamped stock shock these last months, the Winpro sidestand pad was the first to touchdown on the left side and the centerstand on the right.
Do you have any offsets or extensions mounted or do the pegs fold up right off wild bill's plates?

Just mounted a set and rode to las Vegas and back. Very nice to have them for an occasional break and relief for my knees. Glad I got them.

Pay attention to getting the peg pivot bolts tight enough to keep them folded up when not needed. They do stick out and would touch at moderate lean angles.

Do you have any offsets or extensions mounted or do the pegs fold up right off wild bill's plates?
Hi K Rider,

I ordered and received the Kuryaken Pegs and offsets, and received the WB mounting plates today. Question, did you have to drill out the mounting holes on the plates? the bolts that came with the offsets are too big. Thanks, Ken

Hi K Rider,

I ordered and received the Kuryaken Pegs and offsets, and received the WB mounting plates today. Question, did you have to drill out the mounting holes on the plates? the bolts that came with the offsets are too big. Thanks, Ken
Yes, I did. Think I used 1/2" bit, not sure. They are aluminum so it drills very easy.

I have them on my 05 and I'm 6'3" have never had them drag anywhere, they are essential as far as I'm concerned, yamaha should have them on there

Hi K Rider,

Yes, I did. Think I used 1/2" bit, not sure. They are aluminum so it drills very easy.
Whew! Thanks for a while there I thought I had ordered the wrong offsets. Thanks again for all your Help it's greatly appreciated. :yahoo:

Old Wild Bill and I are still making and selling the FJR highway mounting plates and pegs. It has been slow the past 2 years but we are not giving up. Please e-mail [email protected] and I will send you information, pics and pricing. Terry

3022607pegblkrubberinlaymeasurement.jpg

4picmountingplatesscrewsspacers.jpg

1022607ribbedmeas26.jpg

PICofleftmountpegnotextFJR.jpg

PICOFRIGHTMOUNTEDpegnotextFJR.jpg
Brain not running on all cyclinders this mornin'... Are the prices shown including both the plates and pegs? What is one wants just the plates?

Now were is my coffee...

Scott

Thanks for the info, i placed my order, 2 minutes ago for the pegs and offset.

Those WB highway pegs is the best farkles for me too, make a huge difference on long rides.

Brain not running on all cyclinders this mornin'... Are the prices shown including both the plates and pegs? What is one wants just the plates?
Now were is my coffee...

Scott
the plates& hardware are $74.00 (just ordered some today) pegs are extra $$