Olympia Moto Sports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMD

Reaction score
I purchased a new jacket by Olympia last fall. The model that I purchased is the AST. I've been very happy with the jacket, but this post is more about customer service than the jacket itself. One cold morning while suiting up to leave my SO's house for a 200 mile ride home I pulled on the zipper pull for the inner liner and 'snap', it popped off. The metal that hooked the pull to the jacket's zipper had failed. I was still able to zip and unzip the liner but it was a bit of a pain w/ no zipper pull. As soon as I got home I checked Olympia's web site for warranty information. I sent an email explaining my problem and asked that they send me a new zipper pull for the liner. Despite the fact that there warranty policy clearly states that it is my responsibility to get the jacket to the dealer where I purchased it, I was hoping for an easier solution (there are no Olympia dealers within a couple of hours of my house). Within one hour of emailing the 'sales' address, I had a reply from Kevin Rhea, one of the owners of Olympia. He indicated that he'd have one of his folks send me a couple of new pulls ASAP. A few days later I had an envelope in my mailbox with two new pulls. I snapped the new pull onto the zipper of my jacket liner and was back in business.

It's a little item and likely didn't cost them much to send to me, but I appreciate the fact that it only took one email, one request, to get a quick solution to my problem. That's how it's supposed to work.

Keep up the good work, Olympia.

Oh, and the jacket? It kicks ass.

mensasttouringjacket_split.jpg

More on Olympia's customer service:

I purchased pants that mostly fit me well with the exception of being slightly too short. Problem was that the next size up were just way too baggy to be practical. So I purchased the pants and hoped they would work out but, after my first ride, I realized that they were still a bit too short (as the legs rode up too far when I sat).

I called Olympia's customer service and asked for additional cloth so as to get the pants altered and, within seconds and with no questions asked, Olympia sent the cloth via expedited mail. Customer service that went above and beyond my expectations.

I will definitely consider Olympia for future purchases!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Kevin and his wife Karilea at the BMW MOA in West Bend WI last summer and they

really impressed me. I told them I did the MinuteMan 1K with their AST jacket

and didn't get wet thru hours and hours of rain(12-14hrs). They put me in the

testimonials. Also picked-up the Ranger pants to go along with my AST jacket.

I was part of the '07 catalog shoot (My FJR was) in Sedona & it was a pleasure meeting Kevin & Rhea in person. Nice to have real riders who take pride in their products. I have 2 of their Jackets & like them both...

I bought an Olympia "Airglide 2" mesh jacket last year here on the forum. I guess it didn't fit the OP, 'cuz it was really in like-new condition when I received it; in fact I think the tags were still attached. I really like the jacket a lot--lots of features, good in a wide range of temperatures with the removable rain/warmth liner. I also really like the liner itself as a good looking jacket. Unlike most, it stands alone with a finished look, convenient pockets, and good fit.

So you can maybe imagine how cheesed off I was when I realized I'd lost the damn liner a few weeks ago. :angry: After looking high and low, trying to retrace my steps, etc., I decided to try to replace it. So yesterday I called the maker--Olympia Moto Sports--and happened to get the owner, Kevin, on the phone (hey, maybe he's the only guy there, but he's the owner, anyway). So I explained what I wanted and after he thought about it, he said they might have a spare XL liner around--took my number and said he'd call back.

So today he calls back. He did have one, and he is giving me a very deep discount from the list price. Certainly more than he had to do, by far. I was so impressed I told him I'd put this up on the forum. I always like to know what dealers and manufacturers will go that extra mile and I know you all do too. Really nice to see great customer service!

Oh, and the jacket? It kicks ass.
+1 Thoroughly pleased with my Airglide jacket... so much so that I sold my heated liner because in a year of riding with this jacket, I haven't needed it once even down to 28 degrees! :clapping:

Haven't had the need to use customer service but nice to know that they do so well if I ever do need it! B)