one wish

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supertankerm60a3

Reaction score
A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. The sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have been so faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want. It should have plenty of twists to make it fun on the FJR and a different level for cars that is separate."

After a short pause the Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify me."

The man thought about it for a week and the Lord returned to him. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy. And this understanding must be such that I can teach other men the same thing. this would go so far in spreading peace and harmony around the world."

There was another pause, this one longer than the first. Then the Lord spoke "that is a truly noble wish. As you know I created women to help complete man and to be his help meet." Another pause, this one long enough to make the man uncomfortable.

Then Lord replied, "So... you want two lanes or four lanes on that bridge."

Last edited by a moderator: