Ordered red side panels for 2014 FJR. Hope it matches

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen, You need to peel off those 1300 things on the fairings. They look too busy on the bike. Otherwise, your bike is looking ready to entice more riders into the fold.

Allen, You need to peel off those 1300 things on the fairings. They look too busy on the bike. Otherwise, your bike is looking ready to entice more riders into the fold.
I don't mind those logos to much! Hopefully more will see the potential in the (faster) red one. :)

Eric, I ordered the red panels from PartShark.com and they replied the panels are on back order. Hopefully the waiting time will be minimal as was your experience. Being they have to ship to CA, the total cost was $134.02. I was going to have my silver ones painted but the cost of new ones changed my mind. I will put the silver ones on the market and reclaim some of the cost.

Ok, I would like in on these red side covers as well. Went on Partshark.com, and see that there are two choices of FJR's. The first choice shows each side cover going for $60.01, and the second choice each goes for $48.36. It also looks like all components are included unless ordering individual components. How to be sure that you are going to get the red ones? Did you call them up to confirm this, or am I missing something? I assume that they would be the $60.01 ones. Eric L, do have the part # used when you ordered them? Looks like you are the first to get them.

I would like to order the red side covers also, but the part diagrams on these websites don't specify color. If you order side panels ,and they are indeed red, please inform us of the part numbers or how/where you acquired them.

OK, the stampede begins. PartShark.com is your go to party. The red covers are DRMK Side 1 and DRMK Side 2. They are 60.01 each. The individual part numbers will be adjacent to the DRMK locations.

They told me 4 weeks and shipped in two. They WERE on backorder. Nice folks, good communication. You don't need ANY extra parts - the panel is complete with logo and foam on the inside.

The unknown was whether red in the US and red in Europe were the same as they are called different things. The Eu sites had the DRMK side panels, but so did the US parts fiche. Why are they listed in the US? Yamaha US couldn't tell me. They also couldn't tell me whether the two reds were the same.

Just make sure you get the DRMK ones and both left and right (1 and 2)

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
Mfg Product Number: 3P6-Y2171-00-P6
Description: COVER, SIDE 1 DRMK for 2014 YAMAHA FJR1300A
Unit Price: $60.01

Mfg Product Number: 3P6-Y2172-00-P7
Description: COVER, SIDE 2 DRMK for 2014 YAMAHA FJR1300A
Unit Price: $60.01

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric,

Good post! As info to those who may be ordering the red panels, I sent an email to Jesse Koeller, Field Support Mgr. Western Region, Cypress, CA. advising him there will likely be a run on the red panels. I told him PartShark put them on back order due to the U.S. distribution centers not stocking the item. He said he would pass this on to the appropriate product folks at the Cypress HQ. Hopefully this will reduce the lag time!

Post #15:

B888E492-2A55-460F-83C0-01BB7F9DF89D_zpsmscacqag.jpg

If you page back to post #33, Allen C has pic of his bike with candy red which he painted himself. Note his treatment of the tank trim! I have the black which was used on some GenII bikes. The black really sets off the contrast and complements the other black trim on the upper portions of the bike and keeping the silver relegated to the lower areas. Just my opinion.

Perhaps Yamaha had a large inventory of silver panels and decided to use them up on the North American allocation.

I did see those, thanks. I wanted to see the OEM panels. More pics is never a bad thing. I ordered the panels and just wanted to see the actual items delivered. No big, thanks for the info. I am just eager to farkle....

While you are waiting for the red panels, get busy removing all that Yamaha advertising on the bike. You need a fender extender, radiator screen, frame sliders, FZ1 mirrors, and taller wind screen. If you have any $$'s left, you may want to protect the bags with the MC Enterprises Bag Protection. After that you will be ready to take a long spring ride!!

Ordered touring screen, extender, canyon cages (on back order), considering risers.

I do not mind the badging on the bags though I may remove the fairing emblems.

Mirrors are fine for me. I am not that wide.

Rad guard? Anyone having problems with stock?

You do not need to spend needless $$'s on a rad guard. Buy a mesh screen oval waste basket (silver or black) from Office Depot or Staples and cut out a panel the size of your rad face. Attach it to either the back side or front of the plastic existing grill. I've done that on three FJR's and never an issue with rad fin damage.

Today my new red panels arrived from PartShark.com. They are beautiful and make the bike look seamless and smaller. That may sound strange but optically it is what it is. My order was submitted on Feb 21st so the back order situation was not all that painful. We should give Eric L. special recognition for taking the lead on this and risking the colour would match. Thanks Eric!!

Today my new red panels arrived from PartShark.com. They are beautiful and make the bike look seamless and smaller. That may sound strange but optically it is what it is. My order was submitted on Feb 21st so the back order situation was not all that painful. We should give Eric L. special recognition for taking the lead on this and risking the colour would match. Thanks Eric!!
Did you receive any e-mail notification that the panels were on the way, or did they just show up? I ordered mine on 2/24 and was notified that they were on back order. Still haven't heard that they were shipped.