Ordered red side panels for 2014 FJR. Hope it matches

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric L

Not that kind of a doctor
Reaction score
So red side panels are used in the Eu on the 2014FJR. Same red? Well, I think so and the guy at Yamaha thinks so. Order and waiting for delivery. I will post the results here for those who are interested.

Eric, I got a reply from Partshark suggesting I get the part number for the European red panels to see if it is the same as what they are selling. If any of our Forum members in Europe would check with a dealer to get the RED 2014 part numbers it would be greatly appreciated. I await the arrival of your panels to see if the color matches!!

Eric, what is the cost, including shipping? I have chosen to do the painting myself and should have that completed this weekend.

I had my 2013 side panels professionally painted for $48. Not sure what you're paying for those genuine Yamahahaha parts.

I had my 2013 side panels professionally painted for $48. Not sure what you're paying for those genuine Yamahahaha parts.
The red is more expensive and up until now difficult to find

Not that it's apples-to-apples but for reference, ronniesmailorder has '13 side panels for $69ea. The FJR emblem is an add'l $27ea.

I'm planning on having mine painted.............if & when April ever arrives!
banghead.gif

So red side panels are used in the Eu on the 2014FJR. Same red? Well, I think so and the guy at Yamaha thinks so. Order and waiting for delivery. I will post the results here for those who are interested.
Did you order direct from a Yamaha dealer or what? Cost? Let us know how it looks.

ordered from partshark, was 120 for the pair. Thats how much the damn paint costs...

Eric, I can't wait to hear the outturn of your new panels. Please PM me when you get them. If they are the correct color, I want to get my order in before they are sold out world wide!!!

I've tried a bigger pic of the cataloge. As far as I can see the part numbers are the same for all the models. The logo appears to be extra????

That does look good. I just got my ColorRite red paint in today and will paint the side panels and hopefully my Shad 45 top box to match this weekend!

Would like to see a pic of the bike w/ red side panels and w/o the panniers.