Oxford Heated grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossPriest

Reaction score
Has anyone here installed the Oxford heated grips from Fortnine ? I have a 2006 1300 FJR and I’m wondering if the ‘touring’ ones are correct for my bike??

I've got the Oxford heated grips on my '05, installed back in 2017... and despite my normally impeccable record keeping for my bike, I did not write down the specific model. They've been working fine ever since however...
Mr. BR
FJR Oxford grips.jpg

I got a deal on the Oxford Sport heated grips about 8 years ago. They were about 1/4" too short so I had a spacer made to fill the gap between the grip and bar end weight. Best accessory ever for Spring and Fall rides. The sport grips are also fairly firm so I would recommend looking at the adventure for fit and comfort. I really don't have any regrets with mine except I use a palm rocker and it is a bit cramped for space.

Been using them for several years on my 2006. Work great and will keep your hands warm... I have also found that a set of guards also blocks much of the cold air.

I agree, adventure model. I've used Oxfords for years......one set worn to heating elements (203K miles on bike) and still worked fine ! Easy install.

Has anyone here installed the Oxford heated grips from Fortnine ? I have a 2006 1300 FJR and I’m wondering if the ‘touring’ ones are correct for my bike??
Thanks everyone. I installed a set on the FJR … they work well in my garage …. Now to get out on the road for a few early Spring rides!!!

A few years ago I found OEM heated grips on eBay. Then I noticed Kawasaki uses the same controller, and it is available. Much cheaper, too.

controller on mine. the case has got a crack (along the top edge) from age and needs to be replaced.