Paint Touch Up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellman

Reaction score
Anybody have experince using the Color Rite Touch Up Pens? I have a couple nicks on the bottom rear of the front fender (non FJR). Did the google but not much info, one fellow said his repair "looked like shit". Hoping for better results as I am selling the bike as soon as I buy an FJR.

A pen is not going to make a good finish repair. It can cover up bare material underneath, but it doesn't do anything for the texture of the damege, i.e. scratch or scrape. You'll just have a color-matched scratch or scrape.

The only way to really repair the finish is to really repair the finish.

OTOH, if you've scratched the one piece on the bike that will rust (the tank), then the pen makes sense. Fill in the scratch to cover the bare metal.

I have the Color Rite pens they work fine, as far as filling the scratches you can press the pen and it release more paint you can fill the scratches then use rubbing compound follow by polishing and glaze, you need to get the base color and the purple top coat I feel the clear is optional, I use the 2 color and it looks fine.