Passenger Floorboards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody

Reaction score
One of my wife's complaints about the FJR was not being able to move her feet around, and I didn't appreciate her heal marks on the exhaust.. :angry2: I tried to find a set to buy but didnt' have much luck, so I decided to work with a friend and modify a set of Cobra Floorboards from his Honda Valkyrie and he made some mounts to fit my FJR. After sandblasting the chrome off then powder coating them to match, I think they came out pretty good.

Floorboard1.JPG

You can check out the rest of the pics here if you feel so inclined:

https://www.personal.psu.edu/staff/s/v/svh1...es/Floorboards/

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my wife's complaints about the FJR was not being able to move her feet around, and I didn't appreciate her heal marks on the exhaust.. :angry2: I tried to find a set to buy but didnt' have much luck, so I decided to work with a friend and modify a set of Cobra Floorboards from his Honda Valkyrie and made some mounts to fit my FJR. After sandblasting the chrome off then powder coating them to match, I think they came out pretty good.
Floorboard1.JPG

You can check out the rest of the pics here if you feel so inclined:

https://www.personal.psu.edu/staff/s/v/svh1...es/Floorboards/
Cinch up yer asbestos undies there pard, 'cause the "why didn't you just get a 'wing" comments will be coming soon.

Fuck 'em and feed 'em fishheads when they do, 'cause I think you did an outSTANDING job of integrating them into the lines of the Feejer. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Bravo on a good job. I'd pay you good $$$ to build me a set if I had a regular pillion, but Missus Howie hates me JUST enough to never ride with me. :)

Cinch up yer asbestos undies there pard, 'cause the "why didn't you just get a 'wing" comments will be coming soon.
Naw, the feejer’s still in a whole “nother” class!

If I had a set of those I’d be glad to go thru the install/uninstall process for the occasional day-trip my wife takes with me. I’d showed the pic of em’ to her and she liked them right off. :yes: However, she did say, ‘backrest and new seat first”.

Naw, the feejer’s still in a whole “nother” class!

If I had a set of those I’d be glad to go thru the install/uninstall process for the occasional day-trip my wife takes with me. I’d showed the pic of em’ to her and she liked them right off. :yes: However, she did say, ‘backrest and new seat first”.
Lucky bastiche. :(

Mine would say "new shoes and drapes first."

I'm interested also.Let me know how i could have a pair.

thanks

Just remember, make it worth your while if you DO decide to "go into business".

That said, keep "your worth while" in the misdemeanor range of cost, wouldja? :rofl:

Thanks guys. I never really considered making more than one set, however a few more wouldn't necessarily be out of the question either. ;) Let me do some checking and I'll let you know.

I would love a set of these... I have been fiddeling with a solution too. Let me know if you can make some more...or maybe directions on how you did it. eitherwould be great. Good Job!

Nice Job. If they aren't a fortune I'd buy a pair too.

Looks like you may have yourself a new business, Woody!

Hiya folks. I'm actually the fool who made the floorboard mounting brackets. I could be talked into making more brackets. The issue is that it assumes you already have a pair of Cobra (pronounced, "$$ crappy chrome") passenger floorboards.

I could easily make a custom set of floorboards that would even have an FJR logo rather than Cobra but haven't sorted out the details of the little bits required for assembly.

I'll put my brain cell on it...

-ethan

Hiya folks. I'm actually the fool who made the floorboard mounting brackets. I could be talked into making more brackets. The issue is that it assumes you already have a pair of Cobra (pronounced, "$$ crappy chrome") passenger floorboards.

I had investigated this same thing, but the Cobra boards were just a bit too pricey. There are some that are cheaper available from J.C. Whitney, but these too would require reworking the mounts. A laser engraved one with the FJR logo would be cool, but not everyone likes the "advertising"

This is why I chose to make mine more simply , just replacing the stock rubber pad. For those that want to save a buck, these are still available:

https://tinyurl.com/y4cypt

for $65.00 a set delivered.

KM

Ethan, I like how your bracket allows the boards to fold flat. I would be happy with an inexpensive floorboard(not Cobra) as long as it folded flat.

I could easily make a custom set of floorboards that would even have an FJR logo rather than Cobra but haven't sorted out the details of the little bits required for assembly.

I'll put my brain cell on it...

-ethan

That would be even better, i am interested !

Do you think we will be able to see the FJR logo went the floorboard is close ?