Passenger Floorboards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys,

I spoke with Ethan this morning about this. We are going to try and put together some information over the next few weeks. If you would like us to keep you informed as to availability and cost, send me a PM with your name and email address, and we'll be glad to do so. If we decide to go through with this, Ethan will do the machine work, and I will do the powder coating. Thanks,

Scott

Very nice. I already have a set of Cobra floorboards on my VTX1800C. The mounting bracket is trick as well as the powder coating.

Very nice job!

LC

Alright guys,I spoke with Ethan this morning about this. We are going to try and put together some information over the next few weeks. If you would like us to keep you informed as to availability and cost, send me a PM with your name and email address, and we'll be glad to do so. If we decide to go through with this, Ethan will do the machine work, and I will do the powder coating. Thanks,

Scott

PM sent :)

Alright guys,I spoke with Ethan this morning about this. We are going to try and put together some information over the next few weeks. If you would like us to keep you informed as to availability and cost, send me a PM with your name and email address, and we'll be glad to do so. If we decide to go through with this, Ethan will do the machine work, and I will do the powder coating. Thanks,

Scott
Ahh the boys go into business. Let's see, how many meetings are y'all going to have now so that you can figure out what to meet about.

B)

Hi my name is Holmes and I'm just a dork that fell on his head :dribble:

Hey Chris (Holmes)... aren't you a Valkyrie rider??? Are you thinking maybe it's time for a new bike? ;)

Honestly folks, I'm having a hard time making peace with the idea of doing these floorboards. It's not a matter of capability or even motivation to do the job. My concern is that I am not a business. My machining capabilites are a hobby I enjoy. I'm very concerned about making a product to sell that could ever result in someone claiming (lawsuit) that they were hurt or worse as a result of the product. I don't wish to go thru the fun of becoming an LLC and filing quarterly income tax, blaa blaa blaa, just to make a few bucks and protect my personal assets. It seems like a very efficient way to turn something I do for fun into something I hate. So far any work I've done has either been for myself, friends or a harmless trinket and almost without exception I have not charged anyone a dime.

I think I've talked myself out of doing them. Pity, it would have been fun.

-ethan

Hey Chris (Holmes)... aren't you a Valkyrie rider??? Are you thinking maybe it's time for a new bike? ;)
Honestly folks, I'm having a hard time making peace with the idea of doing these floorboards. It's not a matter of capability or even motivation to do the job. My concern is that I am not a business. My machining capabilites are a hobby I enjoy. I'm very concerned about making a product to sell that could ever result in someone claiming (lawsuit) that they were hurt or worse as a result of the product. I don't wish to go thru the fun of becoming an LLC and filing quarterly income tax, blaa blaa blaa, just to make a few bucks and protect my personal assets. It seems like a very efficient way to turn something I do for fun into something I hate. So far any work I've done has either been for myself, friends or a harmless trinket and almost without exception I have not charged anyone a dime.

I think I've talked myself out of doing them. Pity, it would have been fun.

-ethan

Yup, a pitty. :( But understood.

ahhhh....... can I be a friend you make one for? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ethan,

I believe that a couple of forum members are capable machinists that manufacture parts for the group from time to time (Skyway comes to mind). May I suggest you try to contact such a forum member and offer him your "prints/design) so that they may offer the floorboards to the group. That will take the legal liability monkey off of your back. BTW, if they offer you a per order rebate for every unit they ship, so much the better. :)

I noticed that yours are installed on an '06. I wonder what changes have to be made for '05 and earlier bikes?

[SIZE=18pt]Anyone on the forum willing/capable to take on this project/opportunity?[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I likee! And, as I said before...I continue to be impressed by the creative ingenuity of the folks that frequent this board...you done good! :clapping:

Just thinking here...w/out a pillion, you could drop those babies down and the FJR could FLY! :yahoo:

We should create a post Looking for someone to machinate floorboard, what do you think ?

Garand, Skyway, etc... might be interested :rolleyes: