Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Greg for posting.

#24 is in the books !

Time 20 hours 55 minutes

Nasty weather for much of the ride. Received a tornado alert via cell phone that I viewed at my turn around at Long Beach, MS.

I went through a front that had all the characteristics of trouble. High winds, 9 degree drop in temp, and down spouts. When I

returned back to the spot, there was debris on the road, cars in the ditch and trees down. Around 20 or so cars were spun out

on the ride (Glad I only had 2 wheels touching LOL) I was shocked at my finish time with all the heavy rains and winds.

9 more BBGs before July (Vacation Time). Then its Sioux Falls, SD for 2 weeks, Earth to Moon and 2 weeks that I haven't planned out yet.

"The Longest Month" 31 days/ 31k

Just ordered 4 rear tires and 3 fronts for a hit of just under $1k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony

On an unrelated note, I wanted to thank you again. My FJR is doing well thanks to the donor parts you provided to rebuild my damaged Gen 1. The left side of my bike is the "Tony side," complete with the florescent stripe from your bike. Of course it doesn't match the right side of my bike which has no stripe, but I don't care. Rather than remove the stripe so both sides of my bike match, I'd rather leave it on. It gives me an opportunity to tell the story of my buddy Tony once again. At least the color is a perfect match. I was just thinking about the day you came out to the house to deliver all those parts. I still can't believe you had all those huge boxes strapped on your FJR. It was a joy to sit and talk to you for a couple hours that day. So know that by making my bike roadworthy again (after my EOM get off in the fall of '16), your old Gen 1 FJR lives on.

Save travels my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
My SPOT crapped out totally (Would not even turn on)

I rode a BBG without it.

Heavy rains on most of the ride. I had to laugh when I compared the times of BBG #24 and BBG #25.

Start: #24 0358 #25 0358

Finish: #24 0053 #25 0043

So I went back and checked some other stats and found that I am consistently consistent.

The rides have been very different, but the results are usually consistent.

I will need this consistence on my "Deca" attempt in July… Hopefully a little faster though.

Well, at least it's a long weekend.
coolsmiley02.gif

Good luck, and safe travels, sir!

If my math is right, 101st is about 7 hours from home. Incredible amount of dedication it must take to do this every weekend (sometimes more than once) and still hold a full time job
Getting ready to take off on BBG #2 for the weekend, #28 for the year. It wears you down with oil and tire changes and the body

seems to never recover before the next ride. 4 more "BBG Route" rides, then a BBG ride to Iowa pulling a trailer will put me ready

for the "Deca"attempt and a month of RIDING!

Dan, you need to ride with me on the ride that puts me at 100k. Probably November if all goes as scheduled.

101stpathfinder posted: ... It wears you down with oil and tire changes and the body seems to never recover before the next ride.
Yeah. Those really long rides take their toll.

Be aware of how your body is handling things, man: I'm looking forward to seeing you in Jemison.

T, sorry for all the dropped calls the other day. I'm waiting on some No-Mar parts (tips for the mount/demount bar), then I gotta get shit hot on getting my bike back together and ready for July.

I found a smokin' deal on a leftover Gen III; broached it with the other half, butt even if it happens, would still take the '09 in July.

Jim,

No problems here. I am picking away trying to keep the bike running while getting ready to leave out in less than 4 weeks. Maybe we could get together for a garage day and while we are working on our bikes, we can discuss the rides.

I still need to plan my rides out for the month.

So far it looks like this:

BBG w/trailer to Iowa.

Change rear tire in Sioux Falls

Attempt the Deca

Change rear tire

Do a BBG to Texas

Ride the Earth To Moon To Earth

Do a BBG to Cali

Ride the Cape to Cape Gold

10 more days of planning to do.

This last weekend I pulled off BBG #29 for 2019

Only 3 more to go before departure.