Patti Knight (Mrs. TWN) Passed Away, Friday, 1/15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sadness1.jpg
Thanks Rad. Expresses my feelings exactly. :(

Prayers for Patti and her family. And for you, Joseph.
Joseph, I wanted to echo what pinhead said; I know you and Patti and Tim were the very best of friends. Thinking of you also!

Had sent a note earlier today to Fairlaner-Richard, that it seemed only just yesterday he was leading all of us on Tim's Memorial Ride.

Very sad indead. :( May the suffering be short and glory for ever. Prayers sent.

My condolences to Patti, her family, her friends, and caregivers. Cancer is something that not only slowly takes the person inflicted with it, but also their friends and family.

I try to think of a speach I first heard from Chuck Hickey a few years ago as often as I can. I apologize as I'm no where near as eloquent as Chuck.

Bury the hatchet with people. Don't take the time we have for granted and forgive those who you have grievences with. Appreciate your friend and always cherish the time you have with them bcause you never know when it will be the last time you see them.

Thanks, Dave and Don, for your kindness but the truth is that I am way down the list on this one.

For all of us though, this one seems to weigh heavily - as our friend in Reno pointed out in an e-mail. Compelled, for whatever reasons, to try to sort out why that is, one thing that seems to provide a clue is the out and out cruelty of the situation. While the tragedies of the past couple of years have been untimely, uncalled for and, for me at least, anger-provoking, this one seems to be all of that and sadistically cruel to boot. I know that when a Great White eats something it is not personal. I know that cancer has no moral compass. But there is something about this that feels malevolent to me. I know Coyote is a trickster but, apparently (s)he is also one mean sonuvabitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patti, you are in my prayers. I hope all goes as comfortable for you

as possible.

Joe

But there is something about this that feels malevolent to me.
Exactly so.

I have been trying to come to grips with the tragic news since first reading it. I am not winning that battle. At all.

While one can try to take comfort in lofty words, they fact remains this is among the most unfair acts of Life Fate I have seen in a long time. To have these two exceptional human beings taken away from us - in what will likely be well less than 2 years time from each other - just seems beyond unfair, beyond criminal.

I just can't find much solace in any attempts to explain the hows and the whys..... just can't.

I suppose the only tiny sliver of comfort can be found in the notion that Tim and Patti will again be united.

Rad's photo pretty much nails it.....

sadness1.jpg

Still stunned and don't really know what to say, though this has had a profound effect on my thinking since I read it yesterday. What Joseph just posted resonates, though. I only met Patti at the service for Tim, and that only made me think that much more of Tim -- what a nice person she seemed to be in the short time we talked. But the part that really kicks me in the gut is recalling this:

Three or four of us were standing there as she was talking about NOT letting signs (health) go unheeded, presumably referring to Tim's sudden passing. Very classy, very heartfelt, seemingly selfless advice. It made me think of who is hurt, somehow made me feel hopeful that some things might be avoided.

And now she faces this?!? Way too young, way too unfair.

May she be in peace. My prayers to Patti and her family and friends.

Saying prayers for Patti,

I just got through dealing with the same situation. I lost my father-in-law on the first of this year. He was like a second father to me. He would give you the shirt off his back and never had a bad word to say about anyone. He’s probably planting apple trees up in heaven right now.

He was diagnosed with terminal cancer and spent the last 8 weeks at home surrounded by his children and grand children. I must say that the hospice care he was given was excellent and its amazing how much they actually cared for him. I hope Patti gets the same in her remaining time here on earth. Soon she will be with her soul mate and be able to ride 2up.

God bless

Dave & Ann

Chris Bates, Patti's brother-in-law has suggested that the following address be posted for those who might wish to send a card:

Patricia Knight

c/o Peter and Joanne Logan

655 Edgewood Drive

Goleta, CA 93117-1642

Thanks Joe.

It's been all of a day.. and still I can't find the words to express what I feel.

Damn it.. This really hurts.

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.