Patti Knight (Mrs. TWN) Passed Away, Friday, 1/15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So long friendI will see you again.

Tim and Patti are on their second honeymoon, that cheers me up, some.
Some.

There's a new hole in my heart exactly where the scab for one was starting to scar. At least they're the same hole. *sigh*

How incredibly sad, for her life (like Tim's) was far too short, for her family, her friends and by extension, we who knew her through the biking community.

There is a philosophy that states, "Where, O death, is thy sting? Where, O grave, is thy victory?". I believe Patti subscribed to that and if so..... :clapping:

We are left to deal with the collateral damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gail and I are truly saddened by this news, Godspeed and rest in peace togther now, you will both be missed and remembered dearly in our hearts, We cannot understand why the one's who have given the most are asked to give even more!!! I believe someone, something greater than all of us has chosen the strongest, the most giving to carry the cross, for that our journey may be easier at our time and thankfully for us all they accept this burden knowing this, RIP our thanks and prayers are with you and your families alway's. John & Gail

Does anyone have a pic of Timmy and Patti together?If so can you post it here please or send it to my email address- thanks
This is the only one I can find...Typical TIM Picture

FlipDSCF0065.jpg

God Speed to Tim's side. You are together again. Everyone should live like there is no tomorrow, you never know whats in store for you.

So sorry to hear about this. 4 days from diagnosis to her passing if I didn't miss anything? I only hope with that timeframe there was minimal suffering for her, she'd been through enough.

I hope Tim and her are together again.

PattiKnight.jpg

Patti, born August 17, 1953 and a permanent resident of the Santa Barbara area died January 15, 2010 at Santa Barbara, CA at the age of 56 after a short illness, beloved mother of Paul Knight, and widow of the late Timothy J. Bates.

Patti is lovingly remembered by her parents, Peter and Joanne Logan of Goleta, CA; brother and sister-in-law Jim and Susie Logan of Fall Creek, OR; sister and brother-in-law Kathi and David Cohen of Sydney, Australia; brother Steve Logan of Oceano, CA; her very special friends Cindy Campbell of Santa Barbara and Dennis Fried of Goleta, together with other close family members.

She graduated from Dos Pueblos High School in 1971 and is remembered by a large circle of friends and professional contacts representing a wide range of passions. From her early careers with Cobbs Orchid Company, Santa Barbara Research Center, Applied Magnetics, Raytheon Corporation, to her more recent delight in kitchen design through P.J. Knight Kitchens, Patti loved the journey of walking creatively alongside her clients to bring lasting joy for those she touched professionally and personally. Employment with Coldwater Creek Santa Barbara store brought other rich friendships in recent years too.

It was her expressed wish not to have a memorial service but that her friends remember her in the context of their celebrations of life and love; light a candle, say a prayer, have a party (dressing up if at all possible!) and give without expecting to get anything in return. Such would honor her memory.

The wonderful way in which Sarah House lovingly cared for Patti in her last week of life was deeply appreciated by her family and close friends.

Gifts in her memory can be sent to Sarah House, PO Box 20031, Santa Barbara, CA 93120 or alternatively to Visiting Nurse and Hospice Care Foundation of Santa Barbara, 222 East Canon Perdido Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101.

Last edited by a moderator:
Consider this request done in Reno.

I didn't know Patti well, I only met her in person after Tim's passing, but she went way out of her way during a very difficult time to spend some nice time with me -as we traded stories about silly times with Tim

We also compared notes as to what the coming months might bring. At that time, I could sense the pain in her heart from losing Tim, and I felt deeply for her loss.

I was so appreciative of her effort to reach out to learn more about my silly times with Tim. I'll never forget that.

It was obvious her family was strong and supportive to her when Tim passed. I'm sure they are devastated and they have been in my thoughts and prayers much this last week.

Patti, you're really swell, and now the pain is gone, it's been a tough and unfair journey.

....candle burning in Reno for you.

Thanks for posting that.

I wish she and Tim had more years together on this earth.

I hate to be negative in a post about an obviously great woman...but cancer SUCKS. Took my mom too. :huh: Cancer sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts