pay back!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wftreg

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
A few years ago when I turned 50 a couple of my friends drove me to the airport and threw me out of a perfectly safe air plane two and a half miles up in the sky. I did not know what was going down until I got to the airport and saw the sign that said, "sky diving!" When I was the sign I had one of those, OH, Sh----t experiences. 50 years old and I still succumbed to peer pressure. It scared me and I threw up all the way home. It was fun though!

Two years ago one of my friends turned 50, and as pay back, I tricked him into thinking we were going to Vega for a "Men's Weekend", but instead we took him to Manitoba where I hired an Anishnabi Indian to take us dog sledding and winter camping on the reservation. It was -20 degrees and we had to set up a Tepee. We ate dried caribou, venison stew, wild rice, poached walleye and drank Labrador tea. The dogs fought with each other, and we were told at night that the wolves may try to come down and kill the males dogs so be ready to scare them off. My friend had been teasing me for years for taking the scouts winter camping. It was a fabulous experience.

Now my other friend is turning 50 and I am trying to think of a pay back for him. He gives me grief about my motorcycle riding, so I was thinking of whisking him off to Vegas (with our wives); but then when we get there, take him out for an over night off road dirt bike ride in Death Valley or something.

I have never done this sort of thing before. Does any one have any suggestions for this type of trip or other pay back ideas?

Bill

ummm, Labrador tea? Is that what I think it is? :glare: Me no wants none..

as far as dirt biking it, there are several tour orgs who will guide through the Las Vegas / Death Valley / etc area... At least you have an inkling you won't die should you crash your brains out.

Might want to check out Adventurer rider.com advrider.com

Sheeezzz - how about running naked through a catus grove? I got an idea, go to Vegas with your buddies, leave the wives at home, forget the dirt bikes ------ and take it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Payback? What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...

Except for the pictures you paid the hooker to take.

Take him Ho Hunting with TDub as a guide (bring proof of recent MIL-spec inoculation schedule, and a good book), dirt biking with Skooter as a guide (bone splints-don't leave home without 'em!), get him a gift certificate for WC's first Group Buy Organizing and Ammo Reloaders class, I have an opening in my upcoming Tiara's and Manliness 101, AKA Tits and Tires. Just a few ideas......

Last edited by a moderator:
My 1st question is...does he even know how to ride?....If so go for it....if not.....save the dough & just push him off a short building....... he'll get the same basic effect of crashing a dirt bike @ speed :rolleyes: ....