PCIII installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearman

Reaction score
First, thanks to all the folks who have provided their customized maps and wealth of information on this subject. Last week I did the TBS, TPS adjustment and checked for connector problems, but still had surge issues. I installed the PCIII today and tried the -001, -008 and -bonestock maps. The bonestock map seemed best overall. It decreased the surge noticably and somewhat diminished the abruptness at low throttle. I might opt for a custom map if I can find someone reputable nearby.

gearman,

How many miles do you have on the bike? Did you change the plugs(make sure the Spark Plug Caps are connecting securely)?

When you added the PC3, did you disconnect the O2 Sensor?

Hope you find your solution.

The bike has 6800 miles on it and the O2 sensor is disconnected. I suspect the plugs and caps are fine but may check them for piece of mind.

Consider doing the unauthorized TBS. It makes a ton of difference for vibration issues.

I'll install new plugs this week. I might as well do the TB tweak while I have the hood up. On a side note, I came in at over 47mpg...mixed/moderate riding. This is encouraging in that it leaves some margn for further enrichening without significant range reduction.