Penguin elected PM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Penguin

Silver Penguin
Reaction score
It's official - I am the new chapter director of the Orange County Women On Wheels chapter. The term 'President' has been applied but it was agreed that due to my English heritage, I should be the Prime Minister.

So far, we have elected a Ministry for Ride planning and a Ministry of Silly Walks (you have to know Monty Python to understand that).

Our membership runs the gamut from ladies in their thirties to two members who have been riding for more than 60yrs each. For a womens' group, we have an unusually high proportion of non-cruiser riders. Of the active members, only one rides a cruiser. The rest are standards, tourers, sport, sport touring and dual sport.

Any suggestions for rides, or organizational tips are welcomed.

If any of your good ladies would like to join us, drop me a line. While our group doesn't invite unattached men, we have several DH's who ride with us. Ladies don't necessarily have to ride their own bike. Pillion riders are welcomed too, although we'll do our best to encourage them to ride.

Jill

Congrats your majesty!

Please invite your group to hang out in my neck of the woods anytime, the beautiful NC Outer Banks. Or, if they prefer, I will meet you farther west and you all are invited to rough-it at the old cabin in the Smokey Mtns. I'll serve the sweet tea.

If I am forced to visit our corporate HQs anytime soon in Irvine CA. Perhaps I can beg a ride and be someone's bike bitch?

:D :D :D

Coooooolllll...............maybe some of you ladies can come to the crash club and hang out with some of us that are still healing up.....

Congrats your majesty!Please invite your group to hang out in my neck of the woods anytime, the beautiful NC Outer Banks. Or, if they prefer, I will meet you farther west and you all are invited to rough-it at the old cabin in the Smokey Mtns. I'll serve the sweet tea.

If I am forced to visit our corporate HQs anytime soon in Irvine CA. Perhaps I can beg a ride and be someone's bike bitch?

Thank you, loyal subject. Irvine is just around the corner (except that our freeways don't have corners) from here. Let me know if you're going to be in town. Will be in touch if and when we're headed east.

Jill

Congrats your majesty!Please invite your group to hang out in my neck of the woods anytime, the beautiful NC Outer Banks. Or, if they prefer, I will meet you farther west and you all are invited to rough-it at the old cabin in the Smokey Mtns. I'll serve the sweet tea.

Make sure someone gets pictures of this!

Have you practiced your Royal Wave yet? Congrats :clapping: on your "Proper" title, at least some Yanks know how to do it right.

May I wish the Honourable Lady the congratulations from her European colleges here at the MTCE and express our fervent hope that her Atlanticaly Challenged constituents don’t get all confuzzled distinguishing a “silly walk” from a “long ride” walk.

We also hope that she is able to re-establish The Queens English amongst the colonials.

Jill check up on the MTCE Forum if you’re planning any rides in Europe, Your Constituents are more then welcome to attend any that take their fancy (except the Dolomites run .... that’s got a waiting list for reserve places). But there’s Italy and Ireland still free and more in planning, and we can always help ANY visitors from across the pond find a hire bike.

SP,

Do you have a link for that OC Women on Wheels? Might be a good place to post? My wife may be interested and I know another.

From a fellow Brit. Congratulations. Lived in Promontory Point from 92 to 2000. Not far from your neck of the woods.

Come on over to TX and do the hill country and big bend.

R

Congratulations Silver Penguin! As far as designations for your title go, I particularly like the Internet BMW Riders bunch who have decided that they are all "Presidents". Having been a former "President", I found it particulary helpful to get time off from work using this moniker. "Well, I HAVE to attend this rally, boss, 'cause I'm the President!" Prime Minister sounds even more compelling. You might say that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

As long as they don't devolve into electing Road Captains, and a Grievance Committee, I'd say you have half a chance at a fun riding experience as their exaulted leader. :D

SP,
Do you have a link for that OC Women on Wheels? Might be a good place to post? My wife may be interested and I know another.
https://www.wowoc.com/

The website has been rather neglected recently. Once I get access to it, I shall try to bring it up to date. The chapter hasn't had any rides for a while but that's going to change.

We're having a planning meeting in January at Cook's corner. If your good lady and friend would like to join us, they'd be very welcome. Drop me a PM if you want details.

The group rides often include significant others. This is a friendly, fun group rather than a militant feminist kinda thing.

You might say that, but I couldn't possibly comment.
That comment took me right down memory lane. I had to rack my brains to think of the names. Mattie Storin and FU. I loved that series, and the sequel.

All presidents in the group? What a great idea. There has been no mention of road captains or grievance committees so far, thank goodness.

Congratulations!

The next time I get out your way, I'm going to try and go for a ride with you guys...

I'm really tired of superslabs!

I miss riding with the girls in Hawaii...Ladies only rides are usually pretty laid back and lots of fun!

Good luck and I hope you get lots of active members!

Mary