Plugged fuel filter?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an old ZRX buddy close by who purchased an '04 like mine a year or so ago. Haven't crossed paths in a while, but I'm gonna give him a call.
The IDEAL thing would be to simply swap tanks and FPRs for about 5 minutes and see if Silver Streak purrs like the kitten she used to be.
That's exactly what I was thinking as I read the last couple of posts.

If you lived close I'd be over there swapping out my tank with you to see if that solved the problem.

Let us know the results if you can work that out with him.

I have an old ZRX buddy close by who purchased an '04 like mine a year or so ago. Haven't crossed paths in a while, but I'm gonna give him a call.
The IDEAL thing would be to simply swap tanks and FPRs for about 5 minutes and see if Silver Streak purrs like the kitten she used to be.
That's exactly what I was thinking as I read the last couple of posts.

If you lived close I'd be over there swapping out my tank with you to see if that solved the problem.

Let us know the results if you can work that out with him.
Well hell....what're waitin' for? I mean, you DO drive a proven LD champion! I'll even let you sleep with the cats! (Oreo isn't very friendly, but CoonCat, the one in my avatar, is a total slut for bikers :yahoo: )

Yeah, well your a nice warm, fuzzy, ol fart.

Me? I wouldn't want any of my dirty ol whore's parts near RadioHowies' FJR! I mean.......they might pick up his cooties! Yuck!

Me? I wouldn't want any of my dirty ol whore's parts near RadioHowies' FJR! I mean.......they might pick up his cooties! Yuck!
It's called "motosyph", you damned ladies' blouse!

It's called "motosyph", you damned ladies' blouse!
Besides that, Skooter should have enough parts and FJRs laying about he could send one to you to try.

Of course, they've likely had flying (and HARD landing lessons). :dribble:

Besides that, Skooter should have enough parts and FJRs laying about he could send one to you to try. Of course, they've likely had flying (and HARD landing lessons). :dribble:
SKooter on a GOOD day:

hindenburg.jpg

[SIZE=8pt](hope using the same image twice in one thread doesn't break some kind of forum rule)[/SIZE]

Oh, the humanity. So, ya thinking an 08 model or a pristine 05 when yamaha finally came up with the perfect fjr?

Oh, the humility. So, ya thinking an 08 model or a pristine 05 when yamaha finally came up with the perfect fjr?
Fixed

Duckshit, ya drunkin texamo..

The bike was perfect till 04 Then somebody decided to screw em up..

Dork

:jester:

There may be a silver lining to my dark cloud.

Just got a reply to a thread I started in "Regional Rides>SE" from RICLET, who lives less than a half hour from me.

He's gonna try and come by Casa del 'Howie this Sunday PM and do a quick tank-swap with me to see if my fuel pump is the problem

Radman has already sent me a fuel pressure regulator to test out, so combined with RICLET's known good fuel pump and Rad's FP reg, I may be on the last lap of getting the Silver Streak up off the canvas and back in the fight.

I love this place!!! :yahoo:

Just got a reply to a thread I started in "Regional Rides>SE" from RICLET, who lives less than a half hour from me.

He's gonna try and come by Casa del 'Howie this Sunday PM and do a quick tank-swap with me to see if my fuel pump is the problem

Radman has already sent me a fuel pressure regulator to test out, so combined with RICLET's known good fuel pump and Rad's FP reg, I may be on the last lap of getting the Silver Streak up off the canvas and back in the fight.

I love Naked Men!!! :yahoo:
Wrong forum again dork!

Jebus..

Wrong forum again dork!

Jebus..

:fuck:

Wrong forum again dork!

Jebus..

Damn it Howie . . . . No wonder he's stalks you, you're just as bad as he is. :sicksmiley02:

:hehe:

When you find him at your front door.....just have a fake computer set up to go up in flames. That's all he's gonna want to do. May want to keep a fire extinguisher around the house, too.

When you find him at your front door.....just have a fake computer set up to go up in flames. That's all he's gonna want to do. May want to keep a fire extinguisher around the house, too.

Geez! a guy gets a wee bit drunk and burns everything in site...

Thankfully I've paid enough in "illegal fire fines" they now just pass me by.. must be the new truck I bought 'em is still workin'

This has been a long, ugly road for me, getting the Silver Streak back up and running, but tonight I may have turned the corner, and I'm so jazzed I feel like a kid on Christmas.

First, Radman (bless you, bless you) sent me a fuel pressure regulator to try out on my sick Feej.

Then RICLET, who lives about a half hour from me, has offered to bring over is '05 to try a "tank swap" to see if my fuel pump is my problem.

And just a few minutes ago, 10:05pm EDT 3/20/09, I won my very first Fleabay Auction.

Rad turned me on to this '05 fuel pump on eBay earlier this week and I bought the summbitch for $99.99!!!

Yep, saved $350 on the cost of a new pump.

Hell, even if MY pump isn't the problem, I'll have a spare for myself, or some other needy forum member, should I not eventually need it.

Tonight is a GOOD night!

Odot, nothin' you can say can spoil this night! :fuck:

Latest posts