PNW Fall Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.K., it's a quarter to nine and you should have a couple of bikes taken apart by now. Have a great day. Time for more drugs. :angry:

Great to see everyone and meet some new people. Lotsa great work getting done as usual.

Bryan and Marissa (and Marcus for his excellenet BBQ), THANKS!!! This is my favorite event all year.

It was great meeting everyone today and WOW what a knowledge bank this group has. I showed up just trying to figure out how to get my plastics off and left with a totally different bike.
smile.gif

I hope to get some ride's in with the group sometime soon.

Thank you very much AuburnFJR for hosting such an event.

Kirk

Thanks Bryan and Marissa for hosting again, It was great meeting the new guys and seeing the gang, Kalani had a good time hanging out with Charlie. I hope this winter goes by fast, it's going to be another cold and wet one.

I just made it home and it was fun to actually get to ride to a Tech Day. Thanks again to Bryan to Marissa for hosting such a fun event :clapping: ...and after watching how easy it is to check the valves on a GenII I am no longer dreading doing mine...which are due in another 700 miles.

Steve, good to see you again. Thanks for taking on the gen 1. What a bitch to get the valve cover on and off.

Steve, good to see you again. Thanks for taking on the gen 1. What a bitch to get the valve cover on and off.
That's a good way to describe it, but I think Kevin was holding the bitch in his hands when it finally came out and then went back in...and at that point I was just the cheerleader.

Great to see everyone and meet some new people. Lotsa great work getting done as usual.

Bryan and Marissa (and Marcus for his excellenet BBQ), THANKS!!! This is my favorite event all year.
+1

I'm not sure which is my favorite event of the year,the Spring or Fall tech meet.

Thanks Brian and Marissa,you guys are the best.

Thanks Neihart, the garage sale idea was a hit. That table was packed with stuff. I came home with more than i brought as usual.

I'll get some pics up soon.

Fun times as usual but holy smokes...we did a lot of work today. Three valve checks, CCT replacement, Brodie harness, TBS's, brake bleeding, valve stem install... :blink: plus whatever else I missed!

Great seeing all the crew again and having some first-timers make the meet. Everyone survived the driveway too. :lol:

Special thanks to Auburn & Mrs. for opening their wonderful home to the gang again. It's always a treat to be treated in Auburn!

Looking forward to Spring. :)

--G

Yes Indeed! Once again Bryan and Marissa are most generous and giving hosts. Thank you - You're the best!

To Niehart - Dave, Panman - Kevin, Ahchiu - Marcus, escapefjrtist - George, of course AuburnFJR - Bryan and the others whom so willingly offered up their talents, expertise and and wrenching skills, many many thanks. You're what make these events so meaningful.

Wishing everyone a great Fall and Winter. See ya on the road.

Keep Going!

Fun times as usual but holy smokes...we did a lot of work today. Three valve checks, CCT replacement, Brodie harness, TBS's, brake bleeding, valve stem install... :blink: plus whatever else I missed!

Great seeing all the crew again and having some first-timers make the meet. Everyone survived the driveway too. :lol:

Special thanks to Auburn & Mrs. for opening their wonderful home to the gang again. It's always a treat to be treated in Auburn!

Looking forward to Spring. :)

--G
There was a Autotune install, radiator flush and suspension check

What a great EVENT! Thank you Bryan and Marissa for hosting this meeting

of the PNW FJR minds.Thanks also to Steve, Kevin, Gorge for directing

me in my Gen 1 valve check, what a challenging ( :dribble: ) process!

I was a first timer for this type of event, and I left it feeling like
yahoo.gif
. Thanks very much Mr. & Mrs. AuburnFJR for hosting!

Some things that I learned:

• Replace Air Induction tubes with cover plates to remove excess tubing. Ordered a set of plates last night from WynPro.
  • Some of these guys really enjoy doing lube jobs.
    dribble.gif
  • Mrs AuburnFJR makes a great pie!
  • No way I am doing twisties with Mr. AuburnFJR. That dude can ride!

Looking forward to next year.

What happens in the PNW....

Sorry I was too busy to even get the camera out. I did have to get on the forum to look up brodie's pictures for the wire harness install. The harness went onto a bike that had a complete harness replacement from the groudning issue.

Thanks everyone! For a nb to all things FJR it was great to see all the possibilities and what lies ahead.

Time to start looking for property where I can have a moto-palace too :D

It was also my first time to attend an event like this, and with the help of George, Kevin, Jeff, Bryan, Dave, Pablo and a couple of others, I know how to strip the tupperware off the bike, and the inside isn't such a mystery anymore! However, I could NOT have managed to get Brodie Harness on, even with coaching, and I cannot thank enough, the guys that actually did the installation. If you EVER need a pair of hands, just give a yell and I'll be there! I hope at the next tech day, in the Spring, that I can actually lend a hand to others. It was great to meet all of you, and am looking forward to seeing you again!

In the "things I learned" category:

!. Unless you really know what you're doing, have 2 separate containers for each side, for the bolts, pushpins, etc. , and keep them lined up in the order they come off! And have another FJR around for comparison, as you put it back together.

2. It's a great bunch of guys that ride FJRs, and are generous enough to share their experience and knowledge.

3. I wish I had a workshop like Bryan's. . .

Thank you, B & M for being great hosts, and providing the space; see ya in the Spring!