PNW Fall Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and all of these photos have been really great.

unsure.gif
...missed you OM!

What happens in the PNW....
...and you as well DC!

Didn't have a chance to get my camera out either. Was up to my elbows in FJRs most of the day... :)

--G

Good day, with lots getting done. I don't think I saw Bryan change one set of tires, times past I think that is all I saw him do!

Tom in Edison, I brought your pair system and a couple of tools that you left behind, I'll swing up to Edison and will help you with the few of the other chores you said you would like to get done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day, with lots getting done. I don't think I saw Bryan change one set of tires, times past I think that is all I saw him do!

Tom in Edison, I brought your pair system and a couple of tools that you left behind, I'll swing up to Edison and will help you with the few of the other chores you said you would like to get done.
Thank you Kevin. Let me know when and I'll be here.

To echo what others have said, thank you Bryan and Marisa for your hospitality. I had a great time and look forward to Spring. Thanks to Jorge for your help with the Bike Effect 90 degree valve stems. Hopefully I will be a little more diligent about checking my tire pressures :) .

Thanks for hosting Bryan and Marissa. Pie is my friend!

Not saying Bryan's garage is large but at one point we had 8bikes in the tech pipeline. Also some small jobs going on in the drive way;mirror replacement, fuse box location and replacement, throttle adjustment, suspension adjustment, etc.

Seems like we all had a great time and learned from each other. That's what it's all about.

Want to say something about Marcus's pulled pork but.. :lol:

Hope you guys got home without getting wet. Not sure who had the longest drive but I know that Steve [MCRIDER007] had the most passes.

Thanks for hosting Bryan and Marissa. Pie is my friend!

Not saying Bryan's garage is large but at one point we had 8bikes in the tech pipeline. Also some small jobs going on in the drive way;mirror replacement, fuse box location and replacement, throttle adjustment, suspension adjustment, etc.

Seems like we all had a great time and learned from each other. That's what it's all about.

Want to say something about Marcus's pulled pork but.. :lol:

Hope you guys got home without getting wet. Not sure who had the longest drive but I know that Steve [MCRIDER007] had the most passes.
Took the long way home, certainly not the longest. Thought about stopping at the Last Frontier Saloon in Fall City but the last round of Meds they put me on said I shouldn't be driving till I was used to taking them so passed on by. Hit Hwy 9 in Snohomish about the time it got dark. Hit a little bit of mist but stayed dry. The Mrs was in bed already when I rolled in.

I can say something about Marcus's pulled pork, it went quick!

Just a sampling of the bikes that came and went Saturday. There were 8 bikes inside being worked on at one point.

Isn't this a sweet setup, 3 car garage, double deep, with a lift in the back, and all the comforts. Brian you have one nice man cave.

Jim supervising Brian working on a Duc? No, wait, is that an FJR, in Ducati clothing, or is that Ferrari red?

Panman teaching the young Jedi's

I love how much cleaner my top end looks without all that plumbing. Many thanks to BeamerReamer for donating the pair plates to my cause and to Panman for making them in the first place.

I did a TBS and it was dead on from the factory after 17k mi. Nice

You hold them and touch em together. No you hold em and touch em together...

Yeah, i think i have every farkle known to man, so I started to invent my own. This one is the remote controlled top box opener. It still has a few bugs in it though. Damn thing opened while i was on the highway the other day and i didn't know it for seven frickin miles.

Better get me some pie before Niehart figures out it's here.

Hey Tom, hand me the dohickey with the thingamajig on it over there would ya? I gotta fix this watchamacallit...

OK, pump it, hold it, pump it, hold it... Ok, let er gooooh...

OK who's in charge here? There's a big mess on the floor over there. Oh, it's just Panman.

Hey Panman, you alright down there, you were breathin hard a minute ago, and now i thought i heard snoring.

Yeah, I'm fine. Hey, fix the pillow for me would ya?

The parts swap table got lots of action, and i came home with more than i brought, as usual.

Thanks again to Brian and Marissa for being such great hosts, and to Marcus for that fine pulled pork you made, and to all the generous FJR nuts for sharing your knowledge, tools and time. Niehart not only brought all the tools i needed, but he actually put down his pie at one point to give me a hand. What a guy. :clapping:

Can't wait for the Spring meet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everybody. It was great to see everyone. We did more work this tech meet a lot was learned by all.

Thanks George for the help with mine and the cam chain tensioner. I was surprised how soft the original cam chain tensioner was even though the bike had only 28,000 miles on it and was not making any noise. I think it is good preventitive maintenance to replace with the valve check.

A few new faces showed up this time. Hopefully they were able to meet some new riding partners for road trips.

Thanks everybody. It was great to see everyone. We did more work this tech meet a lot was learned by all.

Thanks George for the help with mine and the cam chain tensioner. I was surprised how soft the original cam chain tensioner was even though the bike had only 28,000 miles on it and was not making any noise. I think it is good preventitive maintenance to replace with the valve check.

A few new faces showed up this time. Hopefully they were able to meet some new riding partners for road trips.
Do you have a parts list for the cam chain tensioner? I think I will do mine when I check the valves

Do you have a parts list for the cam chain tensioner? I think I will do mine when I check the valves
Panman does, he ordered the parts for me.

Panman does, he ordered the parts for me.
Ok, Thanks

Glad to help with the valve check and CCT replacement Bryan. New tensioner is a tad bit stiffer than the old one...good to make the change while we're in there.

--G

Thanks again to Bryan and Marissa for hosting, supplying the tools and a great breakfast, and also to Kevin, George, Don, Marcus and the others for your expert help. I had a great time and the bike is running pretty good.

Always a great time.