Police Chase/Stop - What were they thinking?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this is ridiculous, gentlemen.

Why are we letting some goofy-ass vid wired everyone up in the open position?

It's always the same. Person who runs and splats across the hood of a car shouldn't have been chased. Person who runs and gets away should have been chased and run over. Blah-blah-blah, blah-blah.....

From this point forward, all of these stupid police-chase posts are NEPRT'ed.

So the only germane, unanswered question in my mind is: Why did the cops lie?
OMG! Give me a freakin' break! You actually think you have enough information to prove the cops lied in this case?? You ever heard of perceptual differences?

He clearly made a mistake, and he answered with what he thought he was doing. You don't have to agree, but I'll bet you he believes it.
Actually, you are 100% right, Pony, though maybe not for the reason you stated. Here is what I was talking about in the article:

"The videos raise further questions about the Department of Public Safety’s claims that the motorcyclist ran a red light and that the officer did everything possible to avoid a collision."

So it actually was the department of safety that said he "did everything possible to avoid a collision", not the officer. Somehow I read that to say the cops had said these things. My bad

That puts a completely different spin on it, in my mind anyways. I'm sure the department was trying to smooth things over with the press.

I have to admire Scott's willingness to defend and educate every time a post pops up that deals with police professionalism. I can't do it anymore. It's exhausting. Seems like we have one a week around here. Sigh...
I need to find some dirt on dentists...that'll provide a good distraction... ;)
Yikes! One of the few things that scare me worse than a cop in the rear view mirror is a dentist coming at me with their torture impliments! Deep down they're all like Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors! :blinksmiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but the first officer had the plates on camera. It was not a violent crime, what is wrong with just stoping by his residents and issuing a bunch of tickets? AS they say in football "Unnecessary roughness." Punishment did not fit the crime in this case.
I moved a few years ago, but I lived in Ft. Worth just outside Watauga. The area is more and more terrorized by Hispanics, legal and illegal. This was just one such incident that came to more public attention because of video. Nothing like video to exorcise the whiney left.

That was not "punishment." Punishment is for courts, but cops jobs are to protect and serve.

Now, how exactly do we protect? Well, we can stop a dangerous situation from becoming deadly, and I am not to concerned with deadly to fleeing suspects, but to innocent citizens. (And the passenger should pick her crotch jockies more carefully, pun intended.) How do we stop a GSXR racing through residential streets from killing someone?...by stopping it. Now how exactly do you forceably stop a bike that is virtually flying without hurting the rider? Big pillows laid across the highway?

Is running a stop light, speeding, and evading arrest a capital offense? That seems to be your issue. No, but killing a kid crossing the road on his bike going home from studying with a friend or someones wife and mother on her way home from the grocery, if either should be in the path of the bike, should be. Do I have a crystal ball telling me this would have occured, no, but you can't tell me it wouldn't either. Someone with no respect for the laws of this country must believe in anarchy. Oh, we had his license plate number, if it was even his bike, so we can arrest him after he kills someone, that will surely resurrect the dead...not! There should be consiquences to decisions we make, and not respecting our laws or those who enforce them is a decision that should have dire consequences.

A citizenry more concerned with the rights of criminals than of the law abiding is what has gotten us to the point that individuals feel entitled to terrorize the public, and the lawabiding don't feel safe letting their kids play outside or walk to school.

Off the soapbox, now, but I am tired of whiners defending the indefensible.

Last edited by a moderator:
........blah...blah...blah.....A citizenry more concerned with the rights of criminals than of the law abiding is what has gotten us to the point that individuals feel entitled to terrorize the public, and the lawabiding don't feel safe letting their kids play outside or walk to school.

Off the soapbox, now, but I am tired of whiners defending the indefensible.
And how could I have possibly predicted things would turn divisively political? This crap doesn't belong on this board. Take it somewhere else.

Thread closed. :angry2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts