Port Dover This Friday the 13th?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Doing Friday the 13th on St. Josephs Island near Sault Ste. Marie. Put on by one of the original group from the Dover ride.

Well dang.. Looks like my trip to Maryland has been put on hold for a week due to storm damage..

You have a link to this Steve?
No, buddy told me about it. I just googled it. It's being held at the Hilton Beach Inn ($$$ per night.) and is basically all informal. Go for a ride, grab some dinner, drink some beer and listen to some live music; sounds like a good time, but pricey with accomodations. Think I'm gonna pass on it.

Put on by one of the original group from the Dover ride.
That seems strange....The original group just met at a bar in Dover and said hey how about we do this again next year. To go to a pricey Hilton near the Sault? Possible, but does sound strange to me... but then that's just me....

(right?) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of heading out. Anyone that is heading out best to check on Hwy 6 south that takes you directly into Dover. I was out there on the long weekend and they had Hwy 6 torn up for about 12 km between Dover and Jarvis, and I doubt they are finished. It was brutal, with the road taken right back to gravel both ways and with the dry heat we have been getting the dust was rolling as far as you could see. I would suggest taking hwy 3 across from Dunnville, hugging the lakeshore or coming in thru Branford or Simcoe.

That seems strange....The original group just met at a bar in Dover and said hey how about we do this again next year. To go to a pricey Hilton near the Sault? Possible, but does sound strange to me... but then that's just me....
I know the story, but I'm just repeating what I was told. Apparently, one of the original group moved up there or something.

After looking at everything I could find from my google search. I'm calling bullshit. It's just a "Lets have a motorcycle rally to fill the rooms" type deal.

Looks like I'm going to neither event :D

Oh ya, welcome back. Getting ready for the big jaunt are ya? :D

I'm not into the madding crowd, I always say the best day to go to Dover is on the 12th or the 14th...... and even then, just ride through and go on around the lakeshore to Port Burwell for perch and pickerel lunch.

Ok did a ride down Thursday and Highway 6 is all fine no grav el just fresh pavement!! Planning on meeting some friends in Simcoe at Tim Hortons for ride into Dover at about 8AM. Is anyone else coming?

I'm not into the madding crowd, I always say the best day to go to Dover is on the 12th or the 14th...... and even then, just ride through and go on around the lakeshore to Port Burwell for perch and pickerel lunch.
+2 on that.......Only went to Dover once on the 13th, and that was to hang with CanadianFJR and meet a few of the forum crew last year. Having "been there done that" now my interest has waned..... Port Stanley also has a great perch lunch at the "Inn on the Harbour".