Posting pics from Smugmug

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abercrombie FJR

Reaction score
Go to smugmug site and bring up the photo you want.

Right click on the smugmug photo you want and it brings up a menu list.
Select "copy image address" from the menu list

Go to the forum and open a message box.
Press image button on the tool bar that looks like a green box and a Image properties box will pop up.
Paste the copied image address into the Image properties pop up URL box.
Press OK and Wallah!

Beer-M.png

Last edited by a moderator:
bigjohnsd posted: How do you do it from an Android phone or tablet?
Step 1: Swear long and loudly at the phone to make sure it knows who's boss ...

May not be possible, sir. My phone and tablet have little or no capabilities on internet sites that use 'right-click' commands.

In the app OR on the web site, hit the "share" icon and you can share the photo in any size, and copy the direct image link, html or bb code.

From the Horses Mouth:

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting SmugMug. You can get a direct image link by first logging into your SmugMug account in your device's web browser (note, this will not work with the SmugMug mobile app at this time). Once you are logged in, go to your site and go to the gallery in question. Touch the image you want, and touch the Share icon beneath the image. A Share window will appear, and you'll see an Embed Photo section here. Select the image size you want, and you can then copy either a direct image link, HTML embed code, or BBCode. This will work from any desktop/laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. Have a great day,

Josh

SmugMug Support Hero

Posted above using browser on phone, not the app. The app works ok to upload but you canmot access the direct link from tje app.

Posted above using browser on phone, not the app. The app works ok to upload but you canmot access the direct link from tje app.
Same when using other "apps" on the phone. You have to use the browser/desktop version (on the phone) to get full utility with Flickr as well.Although I am currently using Flickr for the relatively few photos I post, I like the convenience of being able to post photos and don't want to live in fear of other sites doing what recently happened with PB. (I suspect any "Free" service will eventually become worth exactly what was paid for its use.) Smugmug is looking like a viable alternative.

From the Horses Mouth:
Hi John,

Thanks for contacting SmugMug. You can get a direct image link by first logging into your SmugMug account in your device's web browser (note, this will not work with the SmugMug mobile app at this time). Once you are logged in, go to your site and go to the gallery in question. Touch the image you want, and touch the Share icon beneath the image. A Share window will appear, and you'll see an Embed Photo section here. Select the image size you want, and you can then copy either a direct image link, HTML embed code, or BBCode. This will work from any desktop/laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. Have a great day,

Josh

SmugMug Support Hero
OK John I got this far when you asked the other night but I could figure out how to show the image on FJRforum. I can not get the tool bar with the image button to have the photo show. I am only able to figure out how to copy and past the link as in my last post #15.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Abercrombie FJR" data-cid="1374550" data-time="1501297187"><p><br /><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigjohnsd" data-cid="1374475"><p>From the Horses Mouth:<br /><br /><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Hi John,<br /><br /><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks for contacting SmugMug. You can get a direct image link by first logging into your SmugMug account in your device's web browser (note, this will not work with the SmugMug mobile app at this time). Once you are logged in, go to your site and go to the gallery in question. Touch the image you want, and touch the Share icon beneath the image. A Share window will appear, and you'll see an Embed Photo section here. Select the image size you want, and you can then copy either a direct image link, HTML embed code, or BBCode. This will work from any desktop/laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.<br /><br /><br />

<br /><br /><br />

I hope this helps, but please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. Have a great day,<br /><br /><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Josh<br /><br /><br />

SmugMug Support Hero</p></blockquote><br /><br />

OK John I got this far when you asked the other night but I could figure out how to show the image on FJRforum. I can not get the tool bar with the image button to have the photo show. I am only able to figure out how to copy and past the link as in my last post #15.</p></blockquote><br /><br />

<br /><br />

Using the website, not the phone app, select the picture, hit the share button, do the "" Insert your link "" or select the BB Code which does the brackets and Img function for you.<br /><br />

<br /><br />

red-S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: