Power Commander III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr07

Reaction score
I went to the Power Commander web site to purchase a Power Commander unit for my 07.

When you type in all of the info that they want, this is what comes up.

[ PC III USB EX $339.95 ( coming soon )].

What gives with that, how are you guys with 07's installing the power commander units and getting them to work.

I emailed them and asked the question about when it will be available, but no reply as yet.

I am sending in my seats to Russell on the 19th of march, with at march 27 build date, and wanted to have all of these things purchased and ready to be installed while the bike will just be sitting there.

You know, Blue seas fuse block, GPS unit, Power Commander, G2 throttel, and the yamaha tour pack trunk should be here by then also. Should be a totally different bike by the time the seat gets back. Oh yes, I also have to decide on a radar detector unit soon also.

Richard

You might want to check out the Garmin Quest II. I have one and really like it. The Quest 2 comes pre-loaded with City Select North America NT, which features full coverage of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico—including nearly six million points of interest like gas stations, ATMs, hotels, restaurants, and attractions. Buy the Ram motorcycle mount. Just the right size. Use it in your car or truck when not on the bike by using the supplied suction mount. It also includes a voice prompt speaker built into the 12 volt plug.

https://www.gpsdiscount.com/products/index.html?p=887

the standard power commander for the 06 bikes is the same as the 07 ones.

the new pc (EX) is the one that can store three different maps.

the stock PCIII for the 06 bikes will run on an 07.

jason

I think you want to avoid the EX. It is street legal, which of course means it is no good.

Honestly, IIRC, the EX only allows limited tuning compared to the original.

-BD

I am sending in my seats to Russell on the 19th of march, with at march 27 build date,
Dude... I think you're late. :unsure:
Yep, these months are just flying by, the month actually is April that I am getting the seat rebuilt.

So I'm on the right schedule with them, actually they just called yesterday to comfirm that I was still sending in the seat.

Good people there and easy to deal with.

Richard

I think you want to avoid the EX. It is street legal, which of course means it is no good.
Honestly, IIRC, the EX only allows limited tuning compared to the original.

-BD
Thanks for the info, guess that I will go with the one for the o6 so that I will have it here and ready to be installed.

Richard

the standard power commander for the 06 bikes is the same as the 07 ones.
the new pc (EX) is the one that can store three different maps.

the stock PCIII for the 06 bikes will run on an 07.

jason
I do not believe the EX stores 3 maps. You are confusing it with another device. I DO believe the EX will be LESS tunable in the low end.

Power Commander at SportbikeEffects.com

In stock and ready to ship. Note forum discount information link below.

Just to let you guys and gals know, I did get an email from them today in reference to the EX unit.

They stated that it was for the California bikes only.

Must have something to do with smog.

Richard

Just to let you guys and gals know, I did get an email from them today in reference to the EX unit.They stated that it was for the California bikes only.

Must have something to do with smog.

Richard
The EX is in response to the California Air Resource Board (CARB) and a problem that began with some of the custom builders like Jesse James. Basically, CARB said that Dynojet had to have a PCIII that would not increase emissions in the areas that the testing is done, so they came out with one that would pass testing and that you could not adjust in the areas that you need it to adjust. Why bother even getting a PCIII if you are going to do that??

If you bought the EX model, you have wasted your money. It will not accomplish what you need it to do. Oh, you paid too much as well. See the discount link below.