Questions and Pictures of the 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calabash

Reaction score
I will be going to the Internation Motorcycle Show, click Here this coming weekend.

I will be taking my camera and plan to take lots of shots of the 06's both A and AE.

I have seen the FJR but never sat on it yet, so that will be the first thing I will do. I will be there when the doors open at 10am so it won't be as crowded as later on in the day.

I was thinking of all the questions I wanted to ask them.

Like:

Has the power output of the alternator increased?

How exactly does the bike make adjustments for the heat?

For pictures I want to see how the air moves through the vents on the front of the bike and comes out under the dash.

I was thinking I hope to remember all the questions I want to ask. Then I thought why not ask everyone here what questions you would ask if you were there or what part of the bike would you take pictures of?

I understand the questions may not get answered but I want to at least ask them, there MIGHT be a knowledgeable person there this time. :dribble: :eh: :erm: :unsure: :blink:

So, having said all that, are there any questions you would ask if you could come with me?

Are there any areas of the bikes you want to see close up?

Let me know :clap:

Have fun at the show and good luck securing the attention of a Yamaha rep. When I went to the Seattle show in December, I was there when the doors opened, too. Even still, there was a flood of people.

Strangely, they didn't go to the Yamaha corner to see the 06 FJR :blink: , they went to the Yamaha corner to see the R1-LE. People were crawling all over it and that's where the reps spent their time. :angry:

Even still, it was awesome to get up close and personal with the 06. Just makes waiting all that much harder, I have to warn you...

I will be going to the Internation Motorcycle Show, click Here this coming weekend.
I will be taking my camera and plan to take lots of shots of the 06's both A and AE.

I have seen the FJR but never sat on it yet, so that will be the first thing I will do. I will be there when the doors open at 10am so it won't be as crowded as later on in the day.

I was thinking of all the questions I wanted to ask them.

Like:

Has the power output of the alternator increased?

How exactly does the bike make adjustments for the heat?

For pictures I want to see how the air moves through the vents on the front of the bike and comes out under the dash.

I was thinking I hope to remember all the questions I want to ask. Then I thought why not ask everyone here what questions you would ask if you were there or what part of the bike would you take pictures of?

I understand the questions may not get answered but I want to at least ask them, there MIGHT be a knowledgeable person there this time. :dribble: :eh: :erm: :unsure: :blink:

So, having said all that, are there any questions you would ask if you could come with me?

Are there any areas of the bikes you want to see close up?

Let me know :clap:
Finding a knowledgeable rep may be a challenge but if you get lucky; the heat issue is for me the largest question. I would also ask why the Feeger hasn't received a sixth gear yet. Good luck, have fun you dog and I look forward to your report..... :detect:

Ask 'em to start it and, if they comply, see if both headlights come on. If they don't, ask 'em if they know for sure whether both do or not.

If they both run on low beam, ask them how they addressed the already questionable alternator output with the added draw of heated grips and 100 watt jacket liner you plan to plug into the added power outlet. That should get you dissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
We already know the alternator is the same. Hence, the tests our "Benevolent Dictator" is running on the aftermarket stator.

Whenyou are checking the venting (next to the headlamps), look at how much more distance there is between the fairing and the windshield, the difference in the profile at the front of the fairings (they look wider to me) like Yamaha is trying to scoop more air. Also see that the gas tank appears to be raised about 1/4"-1/2" so that less heat is trapped in the engine compartment. The larger side vents should also help evacuate that area.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is: Play with the seat. That's the one thing we couldn't figure out when we were at Alice's. See if you can get a Yammie Rep to help you adjust it to try the different positions and let us know what you think.

And, have fun! :D

More questions --

Does the '06 have self-canceling turn signals? Is the turn signal switch a push-off type as on previous FJRs?

In the LCD display is there an amber LED light in the lower right portion of the screen? If so, what is its function? It may protrude a bit above the flat surface of the screen.

There appear to be four colored indicator lights in the lower right portion of the speedo dial -- oil level, high beams, neutral, and ABS failure. There also should be an engine warning indicator light. Where is this light located? Since there probably won't be power to light these indicators maybe the rep will have the answer.

Give the throttle a twist and evaluate the twisting force required. The throttle cable cam linkage at the engine was supposed to be redesigned on the '06. This should make it easier to turn -- less tiring on the hand and wrist. If an '05 FJR is available, compare the throttle effort to the '06. Or, compare the '06 to another Yamaha bike in the show.

Thanks.

Take a good look inside the fairings, both sides, and see if it's true Yamaha simply stuck a R1200RT boxer twin in the frame for '06.

;)

I will be in Atlanta for the show this weekend as well.

Maybe I'll meet you in the long FJR line.

Don't be shocked if the Yamaha Reps on hand don't know much of anything on the technical side of things.

I'd like to know if the rear shock is exactly the same as on the earlier models. Even with the slightly longer swing arm, I wonder if they aren't using the same one. Please ask if you get a chance.

OK, I'll say it:

Can you get a picture with a really hot model sitting on the rear seat (preferably on the AE)? I need a good fantasy.

Ask em why they dont put Avons on the new FJR's at the factory...... :assasin:

Latest posts