Quiet Forum These Days?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread just keeps getting better..
Good to see the Manatee molester posting, starting to sound like old times
hyper.gif

Now if we could get odot bringing up his Gerbil escapades, things would feel like home again.
to_become_senile.gif

This thread just keeps getting better..Good to see the Manatee molester posting, starting to sound like old times
hyper.gif

Now if we could get odot bringing up his Gerbil escapades, things would feel like home again.
to_become_senile.gif
Be careful what you wish for numb nuts.
fuck.gif
^^^ +1 Yeah, ODOT may chime in with the pumpkin stuff again!!
aikido.gif

Hey Bust,

I'm still lookin fer that updated, next generation
nuke.gif
Nuke Powered LAZER Anus Shaver
nuke.gif
you promised Howie & Me a few years back.

As I said back then...

"The blades are gett'n worn out on this old left handed model you sent me this last summer. It's start'n to tug instead of cut."

weirdsmiley.gif
It's only gotten worse through the years.

Brodie

grrr.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask one of those equipped with the UTD to locate that missing shaver for you. They probably repurposed it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, per usual, I have absolutely nothing reasonable worth contributing but am really digging this thread! Discovered it the other day by chance after a long hiatus and I can damn near guarantee, no in fact I DO guarantee, that this is the best f' ng thread that has been on this forum in a long, long time! So awesome to hear what I consider "the originals" that formed and crafted this forum! Yes, this site was created to be a technical source for bike specific information, but it really became so much more (and better!). There are innumerous ways in which people have been connected, inspired, emboldened, challenged, humbled, and appropriately dog piled!

I hope that this thread remains intact, I think it serves a purpose or two... I hope it serves as a source of inspiration for the newer members to be able to see that the group of people who make up this forum have created something so close-knit, that they want to become a part of it and to make the bonds with other members, just they way you/we have. I hope that it injects a sense of reinvigorated enthusiasm to continue to reshape and strengthen the bonds of the older, ahem, "veteran" members.

I know nothing of the technical side of how this board runs or what it takes to run it, but I do have a sense of appreciation for how much time and effort and expense that is involved in keeping it running. Is this forum possibly in danger of becoming a dinosaur? Possibly, I don't know. But, what I do know, is that there is still life left in it and it certainly has absolutely no reason that it can't continue AND grow. It's up to US. WE each have a small element of control of how things play out. I realize there are things that are beyond our control as a collective bunch that may prove insurmountable. But, until that happens and hopefully it never does, I hope to be able to continue to enjoy the "off topic" commentary over a cup of coffee and use this resource as a technical diary if I ever need it.

Thanks to all of you for contributing!! Yes, even you Bust!

Well, per usual, I have absolutely nothing reasonable worth contributing but am really digging this thread! Discovered it the other day by chance after a long hiatus and I can damn near guarantee, no in fact I DO guarantee, that this is the best f' ng thread that has been on this forum in a long, long time! So awesome to hear what I consider "the originals" that formed and crafted this forum! Yes, this site was created to be a technical source for bike specific information, but it really became so much more (and better!). There are innumerous ways in which people have been connected, inspired, emboldened, challenged, humbled, and appropriately dog piled! I hope that this thread remains intact, I think it serves a purpose or two... I hope it serves as a source of inspiration for the newer members to be able to see that the group of people who make up this forum have created something so close-knit, that they want to become a part of it and to make the bonds with other members, just they way you/we have. I hope that it injects a sense of reinvigorated enthusiasm to continue to reshape and strengthen the bonds of the older, ahem, "veteran" members.

I know nothing of the technical side of how this board runs or what it takes to run it, but I do have a sense of appreciation for how much time and effort and expense that is involved in keeping it running. Is this forum possibly in danger of becoming a dinosaur? Possibly, I don't know. But, what I do know, is that there is still life left in it and it certainly has absolutely no reason that it can't continue AND grow. It's up to US. WE each have a small element of control of how things play out. I realize there are things that are beyond our control as a collective bunch that may prove insurmountable. But, until that happens and hopefully it never does, I hope to be able to continue to enjoy the "off topic" commentary over a cup of coffee and use this resource as a technical diary if I ever need it.

Thanks to all of you for contributing!! Yes, even you Bust!
It use to be this way, D.O.L. And there was still plenty of people chiming in trying to help members with all their technical problems. If this particular thread is still alive, there might be some hope for this Forum yet. It doesnt have to die. Just Sayin. :yes:

For he's a jolly good fellow.............for he's a jolly good fellow.....................
That reminds me...

Sooze and I have been to quite a few FJR gatherings over the last 9 years of FJR ownership. We've heard a lot of classic one-liners from the 'characters' at these gatherings.

But one specifically stands out to me.

SFO, 2009. Eureka Springs, AR. It rained for three days straight.

One evening, the classic line was said. And it was stated with such ... verve ... such sincerity.

"If you don't shut the fuck up, I'm gonna beat you like odot clubbing a baby seal."

Maybe Iggy should reference this statement when nOObs ask stoopit questions.

Just a thought.

For he's a jolly good fellow.............for he's a jolly good fellow.....................
That reminds me...Sooze and I have been to quite a few FJR gatherings over the last 9 years of FJR ownership. We've heard a lot of classic one-liners from the 'characters' at these gatherings.But one specifically stands out to me.SFO, 2009. Eureka Springs, AR. It rained for three days straight.One evening, the classic line was said. And it was stated with such ... verve ... such sincerity."If you don't shut the fuck up, I'm gonna beat you like odot clubbing a baby seal."Maybe Iggy should reference this statement when nOObs ask stoopit questions.Just a thought.
I was there, Geek. It was my first road trip. For me, it rained in buckets the three up and the three days back home. Strangely enough, I Still had the time of my life. :yes:

That reminds me...

Sooze and I have been to quite a few FJR gatherings over the last 9 years of FJR ownership. We've heard a lot of classic one-liners from the 'characters' at these gatherings.

One evening, the classic line was said. And it was stated with such ... verve ... such sincerity.

"If you don't shut the fuck up, I'm gonna beat you like odot clubbing a baby seal."

Just a thought.
I've been wondering what to do if the "fun/off topic" stuff spills over out of the Off Topic/Jokes sections.

You may have found it.

That reminds me...

Just a thought.
Yet another Odot moment I have to share.

Rubin run #3 i think. Anyway a gaggle of us were hanging out in front of the hotel on the first day meeting and greeting old and new friends.

He and Lydia pulled in and parked. I should have known something was up when he made a beeline for me passing by several without a greeting.

We exchanged hugs with each others significant other and I noticed Umiak had one of his looks in his eye.. Oh crap this ain't gonna end well..

He walked right up to me and kissed me full on the lips.....
uhoh.gif
Oh it gets a little crazier, the damned fool backs up and says 'ugh, beer breath!'

Needless to say there was no way then or still I can oneup that jackazz.