R&g Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espia4ci

Reaction score
I know R&G is a UK company, and there are several UK distributors, but was wondering if there are any distributors in the US?

I couldn't find one. Ordered directly from R&G - took about a week or so. I can unfortunately tell you that the sliders work well. Dropped the bike on the right side in the garage and the only damage was to the mirror. Good buy. Should you ever need to replace the "bobbins" or bolts, you can order from BikeJohnny (another UK company). R&G doesn't have them for sale on their web page. Good luck!

I know this subject intimately. According to the gentleman that I spoke to @ R&G there is a US distributor. I wrote the email address supplied to me & got no response from the supposed US guy. bikejohnny.com does carry these. I happened to be looking for 1 slider as opposed to 2 & bikejohnny only sells in pairs.

The email address that was given to me is: [email protected]

The R&G person that HAS responded to my email is: [email protected]

I hope that this information helps,

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Heidi. I will try to work with that information. So I take it that still haven't bought a slider yet?
No, haven't gotten the slider, yet. I think that I'm going to go with the UK company. They actually contected me back after my initial letter to them. I looked at the link provided by BrunDog... but looks as though they won't sell just 1 slider. Good luck & let me know what you come up with. Talk with you soon.

Heidi

I placed and order with Atlanta Cycles for the sliders. They seem like a good company so far as they sent me an email saying they were expecting delivery from R&G in a day or two.

So Heidi, dare I ask why you only need one slider?

Heidi,

BikeJohnny does sell only one slider. It's in the spares or parts section of the website. Takes a while to find but it's there .

( BTW for thse that don't know.. BJ is owned by " Jooshead ", who runs the international FJR board, FJRowners.com. So your helping support the board by buying from BJ )

Heidi,BikeJohnny does sell only one slider. It's in the spares or parts section of the website. Takes a while to find but it's there .

( BTW for thse that don't know.. BJ is owned by " Jooshead ", who runs the international FJR board, FJRowners.com. So your helping support the board by buying from BJ )
Highlander, I've bought from Bikejohnny b4 & have perused the site. I'm going to have to look back over that section. The only single slider for sale that I remember seeing was the Moko & not R&G. I'm not sure if they've changed up but that used to be the case. I will be looking, though.

Thanks, Heidi

I tryed to order a set today...I called and Scott (I think that was his name)Atlanta Cycle... said he sold the last set. He would have more in 7-10 days... :eek:

Learned a valuable lesson about checking damage before ordering replacement parts. Dropped my bike, gently in the garage, a couple of weeks ago. Had the R&G sliders on so the damage was limited to a busted right mirror joint. A fellow member here sent me a replacement for the cost of shipping. I looked at the slider and saw that it was pushed against the fairing. I'd read that the bolts are designed to bend so I "assumed" the bolt had given its life in defense of the bike. So, I ordered a new bolt (actually 2) from Bike Johnny. Got them yesterday and removed the "bobbin" to replace the bolt. Well damn! Turns out the bolt was just fine! The spacer was driven into the bobbin by the drop - sure wish I had removed this right off. Just ordered a replacement bobbin from BJ. I now have 2 spare bolts that I sure hope I'll never need. If anyone is in need of a bolt, I'd be happy to let you have 1 for the cost of shipping.

Crumple Zones! :dribble:

Crumple_SLK.jpg

I received my R&G sliders today from Atlanta Cycle. I was very happy with their service. I will be doing the install this weekend, or maybe tomorrow night.

I ordered a pair from Atlanta Cycle. https://www.atlantacycle.com/ for $86.95 + $2.50 for shipping. I'll let you know if I'm happy with the place once the sliders arrive.
The little brown truck just delivered my R&G sliders from Atlanta Cycle as promised. No instructions included. I thought there was supposed to be some sort of template to help locating the hole in the plastic. I know I saw a set of instructions on the net somewhere. Off to find them.

I believe the template is something that is included from Bike Johnny if you buy the sliders from them.

I am going to try the technique that involves taking off the lowers, screwing out the bolt so that it is touching the lower and then putting a marking agent (like grease or something) on the head of the bolt in order to mark on the fairing where the hole needs to be. That seems to me like it would be the most accurate way. I have read that those templates are usually not exact anyway, and can be up to a 1/2 inch off.

I am installing my sliders this weekend, and I will let you know how it goes. Let me know how your install goes.