• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Race Tech Suspension Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderX

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello! I finally bit the bullet and having Race-Tech build me one of their snazzy G3-S shocks. As has been discussed here in the past, they are the "cat's ass". I knew they offered a decent military discount, but after chatting with "Brad", extension 111, he said he would offer the "FJR forum" a 20% discount. In 2010 it was 10% on shocks and 25% on forks, but he couldn't do the 25% that police and active duty get:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=127430&st=0

Http://www.racetech.com

You can get a custom remote preload G3-S with ride height adjustment for around $1039 vice $1299 (or forks or whatever).

Call Brad, mention FJRForum discount. He plans on honoring "through the summer", although offer can end anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what it would cost for a complete fork rebuild with gold valves and springs + install?

I had that written down somewhere, can't locate. Give Brad a call in morning and post if you'd be do kind. Actually I'll be talking tomorrow anyway so I'll post up some more. . . I wanna say springs and guides were like 135 after discount. The gold valves maybe 399 retail? More to follow.

I updated the original post, good old Brad mixed up my discount with the forum one we were speaking of, so the forum discount is 20%. This should work on parts and labor.

Gold valve kit, springs and valves are 579 (parts only) or 463.97 after discount. This does not include bushings, dust seals and fork oil.

They are in the process of working out a labor rate for forks for us. Incidentally will swap your rear shock out for around $75. Will post back.

The group buy forum discounted price for fork service is $100 plus $24 for oil. I think 2010 we had a price of 135. I think I'm getting stiffer springs from them and will spring for gold valves (399 retail) next year and next fork service

Ordered from oemcycle.com, order has shipped and I assume the parts are OK since they match the RaceTech part numbers. This is not a bad deal.

QTY PART NUMBER NAME DESCRIPTION PRICE EXTENDED 1 FRSP-S403195 Race Tech
(New) .95 KG/MM FORK SPRINGS
310mm,40mm X 38mm,Fits: no vehicle defined $85.26 $85.26 1 0450-0186 Race Tech
(New) VALVE FORK GLD FMGVS2047C
Fits: no vehicle defined $290.65 $290.65 Sub Total: $375.91 Tax: $0.00 Shipping: $0.00 Total: $375.91
I ordered the other required parts for the fork upgrade directly from RaceTech with the forum discount of 20%

Ordered the following from RaceTech:

Fork "snake" oil - expensive snake oil at that.

Spring guide kit to avoid rattle. Race Tech part number FPSG 1027127 P

Received the valves and the springs from oemcycle.com. Parts are exactly as described.

Shim stack on the compression valves is set up exactly to my specifications from the factory, so no need to modify.

However, still waiting for the Race Tech snake oil and spring guide kit.

SUPERSHITE!!!

I just bought and installed last weekend a G3-S full remote everything (high speed & low speed damping, hydraulic preload) I got a 10% discount I'd like the 20%. :(

Great deal guys, don't pass it up. I have not ridden enough on the new shock to see how it is, on the freeway it's nice absorbs the bumps well. I need to get it into the twisties. I may need to tweak it, we'll see. I'm currently in Tukwila/Renton WA, so.... there goes any riding for a few days...

BTW - It's actually semi sunny up here!! You bet! :)

I can hardly wait three more days. I got the same. Very stoked. Perhaps we an compare notes sometime as I am suspensionally challenged.
BTW - Installing it was rather challenging. I had to get the center stand up on a 2x4 to get more height under the bike, and then getting the shock in with the 90 degree hose fittings was a bitch. My WIlbers came right out before lifting the bike. The shock was gently persuaded by hand into the hole. It made it, not unscratched. Not sure why the 90 degree fittings stick out so far, but on mine was interesting.

I am all installed and am floored. The springs actually absorb bumps, etc. firmly planted, what an absolute joy. Spoke to Brad in person on Friday. Said they have sold a few items so far and somebody's shock was boxed up and ready to ship. Good stuff.

As far as the bracket, mine came with a machined bracket that allowed it to fit on the two bolts up from the passenger peg assembly. My understanding that comes with the G3-S and part if what makes it a custom shock. My install is slightly non standard because of engine crash bars anchored to the same two bolts.

Speaking with Tony at Race Tech (installer who knows his stuff) they used to use hose clamps to mount the reservoir but have since made the bracket for FJR installs.

Thanks for the follow up on that. Its not a big deal, but the FJR is such a beautifully engineered machine it would be a shame to attach the parts with a hose clamp for crying out loud.

Im told the wait right now is about 4 weeks as many from this forum have placed orders. Oh well.thanks for putting this out there,

I really appreciate the savings.

Would there be anybody in this forum can point me in the right direction of a local Twin Cities FJR club that's installing this group discounted RACE TECH unit? I'm in Crystal and have space in my garage and decent mechanical skills but it would be nice to have a second set of eyeballs on the installation.

Would there be anybody in this forum can point me in the right direction of a local Twin Cities FJR club that's installing this group discounted RACE TECH unit? I'm in Crystal and have space in my garage and decent mechanical skills but it would be nice to have a second set of eyeballs on the installation.
If you're talking about the shock, don't be afraid to do it yourself! I made my purchase both shock and fork gold valves last year without the discount unfortunately. I took the forks in to a suspension shop and they did the re and re on them but taking the old OEM shock and adjuster out and replacing it with the G3 is not hard really. The only part I didn't like was the one bolt you can't remove (easily) in order to service or replace the bearing which is blocked by the bracket holding the center stand. Someone has posted with pictures here on the forum.