Rant of the Day....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol2: I hereby nominate this for best rant of the year...although I do need to renew my DL this year, yikes.
--G
FYI, I rode to Morton to renew mine in May 09. (You don't even want to think about the Kent location) Heading south, the Morton DMV is on the north end of town before the Mill on your left. You'll be the only one there. I have passed by there more than 10 times this year during normal business hours and only observed one car in the lot.

Don't tell anybody else. :butcher:

Keep Going!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy fucking crap... our WA Dept of Licensing truly is as FUCKED UP AS A SOUP-SANDWICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a complete and total GOAT-ROPE this place was this morning.... it took almost 2 hours to apply for an Enhanced Driver's License, forcing you to sit among a sea of AIDS-laden tweakers and other skanked-out ho-bags.... the latter who, of course, must tote along their diseased-up, germ-filled brats who have RIVERS of snot running down their face and shirts, all of 'em hacking/coughing up their airborne-anaerobes all over the god-damn place... BAH! :angry2:

All just to be able to cross the Cantucky border... ho, jeeze, what was I thinking? <_<

Yup. Their house. Their rules. Thay say wait yer turn, ya ain't better than anybody else. Live by their rules or move on. Message: Don't let the door hit ya in the ass.

Just wait till you get to wait with those same wankers at the doctor's office. :clapping:
I found the perfect solution for walking into the ER. Jes be bleedin' heavily.

For the DMV and the snot-sprayers, try to have something even more disgusting going on. Try letting half a bowl of oatmeal dry on your arms and face, and scratch a lot.

What's the point of an 'enhanced' driver's license if you have a passport?
None, if you already have a passport.

I ain't traveling overseas, and just occasionally cross the Cantucky border, so... a EDL is simple. And necessary nowadays, if you don't have a passport.

Hmm, passport is good for any border, good for ten years, no waiting in line, just send the forms in and kick back...

Besides, you never know when you might be invited to party in Mexico. :rolleyes:

I ran into the same level of BS. Rather than go nuts and trash the place it was much less stresfull to go the passport route. At my age , It is more fun to give ulcers than get them.

Man, I'm so damn happy I live in Arizona. You get your State Driver's License for twenty years at a time. Mine expires in 2023!

Like others have already said, US Passport Application Process is so very easy these day; there's no reason not to have one!

The DMV's are a crowded mess around Denver too. But we can go out in the suburbs and do it with out too much problem,luckily.

WC, I sure feel your pain...there is a nice, small, out of the way DMV office here in Yakima that's usually not terribly busy. But guess what... no enhanced licenses available here....or in the larger Union Gap office. So I was planning to head to the Tri-cities to get mine, but no longer.

I think I'll take Rainier's advice and go to Morton instead.

WC, I sure feel your pain...there is a nice, small, out of the way DMV office here in Yakima that's usually not terribly busy. But guess what... no enhanced licenses available here....or in the larger Union Gap office. So I was planning to head to the Tri-cities to get mine, but no longer.
I think I'll take Rainier's advice and go to Morton instead.
Sorry, I should have been more specific regarding Enhanced Licenses at Morton. Not available there either. :ninja: I was referring to escapefjrtist need for what I thought was a regular driver license renewal.

Whatever you do, don't ask WC for a recommendation. :comando:

Keep Going!

Yep, passport, mine had been expired for ten years. Quick painless renewal at the local post office.

Sorry, I should have been more specific regarding Enhanced Licenses at Morton. Not available there either. :ninja: I was referring to escapefjrtist need for what I thought was a regular driver license renewal.
Whatever you do, don't ask WC for a recommendation. :comando:

Keep Going!
DOH!!!!

Guess it's back to the petrie dish. <_< ...or renew the passport...that sounds easier, just have to remember to carry it along whenever heading to the North.

The beauty of the enhanced license, to my mind, was I'd always have it with me.

Renew the passport. Note that it's the very first item on every single list for proof of everything except SSN. $60 for an enhanced DL Vs the $95 for a passport? Worth the extra $35, IMHO. You rarely get hassled at the CAN border with a passport.

edit - And you don't have to fuss with protective sleeves for your RFID enhanced DL if you just have a passport. ;)

There is also a passport card that is a wallet sized card and can be used to come in from Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas. I don't know if you can apply for both at the same time if you don't currently have a passport but you can get both when you renew a passport. $95 for both. $45 for the card alone. I just renewed my passport and applied to get the card too.

Click

Edit: Looks like you can first time apply to get both for $120. Good for 10 years. click this one

I walked into our DMV here in NY about 2 weeks ago and it was me and two other people in the entire place. There was actually 5 or 6 DMV employees just standing at their counters buffing their nails. I was in and out in under 10 minutes. I thought I was in the twilight zone or something.

Warchild, whatever you do, leave the pistol and ammo at home........the Canadians lose their minds whenever they even suspect you might be packin'

Axe, you dog ... 12 lines at my joint, take a number when you walk in the door, they tell you 1 hour and your done 2 hours & 23 minutes later.

I thought you were retired with nothing but time on your hands :p

Yeah but Bryan, now its my time so I don't want to waste it.

There are two places, Seattle and Port Orchard [i think], where you can setup an appointment and go in at that time. But the Seattle one was booked out to forever.