Rear Brake Soft, No ABS, Gen II, WTH?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going through the same thing on my '09A. I just put new pads in the rear, so had to move the caliper puck back in a bit. Can't seem to get the sponginess out of the pedal through repeated bleedings of front right and rear bleeders. My vac bleeder is OOC due to a non-obtainium o-ring in the Amazon chinese setup (lesson learned-get a quality setup!). It does have brakes in the rear, just not immediately firm like it was.

I had this happen before and a bubble finally worked it's way to the front caliper. After I got it out, had great brakes.

I'm going through the same thing on my '09A. I just put new pads in the rear, so had to move the caliper puck back in a bit. Can't seem to get the sponginess out of the pedal through repeated bleedings of front right and rear bleeders. My vac bleeder is OOC due to a non-obtainium o-ring in the Amazon chinese setup (lesson learned-get a quality setup!). It does have brakes in the rear, just not immediately firm like it was.
I had this happen before and a bubble finally worked it's way to the front caliper. After I got it out, had great brakes.
The best advice I got was to keep trying. I know how frustrating it is after making multiple attempts to flush the brake fluid, but in my case, the fifth time was the charm.

Peace... Mack

The best advice I got was to keep trying. I know how frustrating it is after making multiple attempts to flush the brake fluid, but in my case, the fifth time was the charm.

Peace... Mack
I've filled/refilled the rear master cylinder reservoir at least 3 times during this bleeding process. Butt hey, I know the fluid is fresh!

Keep trying I will. It's frustrating for sure. I do have rear brakes and tomorrow I'm off to South Dakota and PNW for a month of roaming around. I'll bleed it again up there somewhere when I have the chance. If "le bubble" is going to work to the caliper, should do it by then.

Peace... Mack
I've filled/refilled the rear master cylinder reservoir at least 3 times during this bleeding process. Butt hey, I know the fluid is fresh!

Keep trying I will. It's frustrating for sure. I do have rear brakes and tomorrow I'm off to South Dakota and PNW for a month of roaming around. I'll bleed it again up there somewhere when I have the chance. If "le bubble" is going to work to the caliper, should do it by then.
If you are going to be in the Seattle / Tacoma area and need any maintenance done, you are welcome to use my shop. If the brakes are still and issue , we have many folks here to could assist. As well as I have an extra ABS flush switch. Also we are having the annual Tech meet on July 20th here in Auburn, WA.

Enjoy the trip!

Peace... Mack

If you are going to be in the Seattle / Tacoma area and need any maintenance done, you are welcome to use my shop. If the brakes are still and issue , we have many folks here to could assist. As well as I have an extra ABS flush switch. Also we are having the annual Tech meet on July 20th here in Auburn, WA.

Enjoy the trip!
I will be in the Seattle area but not sure dates just yet. I'll keep the tech meet date in mind, thanks.

I have a Navy buddy that lives just outside the gate at Bangor sub base and had planned to visit him. I see Auburn is actually on the way in on the other side.

Peace... Mack

Enjoy the trip!
I will be in the Seattle area but not sure dates just yet. I'll keep the tech meet date in mind, thanks.

I have a Navy buddy that lives just outside the gate at Bangor sub base and had planned to visit him. I see Auburn is actually on the way in on the other side.
We are about 45 minutes to an hour from there depending on traffic. Even if you are in the area before or after the Tech meet, feel free to stop by.