Rear Shock Bad good

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Overman

Reaction score
Have a 2006 FJR1300 rear shock bad what’s a reasonable price replacement?  Lowest price OEM shock is $678.38 @ Partszilla.

Thank you for reading and for your help!

Sincerely 

Jeff O.

I would look into aftermarket if you are going to spend that kind of money.  Penske and Olins are widely installed.

How much do you want to spend?  You can get a used shock off Ebay for cheap, relatively speaking.  Or, Penski, Wilbers and other custom shocks for a bit more to a lot more.

Make some calls to local to you suspension shops.  You never know what they might have laying around, or if they can/will rework an OEM shock.  Some shops still do that.

How much do you want to spend?  You can get a used shock off Ebay for cheap, relatively speaking.  Or, Penski, Wilbers and other custom shocks for a bit more to a lot more.

Make some calls to local to you suspension shops.  You never know what they might have laying around, or if they can/will rework an OEM shock.  Some shops still do that.
No more than $350

No more than $350
Ok, that narrows the field.  Look for deals on Hagon shocks or used OEM Gen 3 versions.  Here is an example of a Hagon, though slightly more coin.  Solid reputation for quality and performance, but not, if I understand correctly, custom sprung for your weight/load.  LINK

Here is a used '07 shock for $131.57.  Not an upgrade, just like for like replacement, but at a fair price.  LINK2  I would contact the seller and find out how many miles is "low miles".  My OEM shocks seemed to be really good out to about 50k or so before I noticed any degradation.  YMMV.

Here is a YSS for ~$400, but it can be sprung for your weight for a bit more.  LINK3  In the UK though, but shipping is factored into that ~$400 price.

Just some examples.

My started leaking around 30k miles and she bone dry now; l will look into the miles on that used one or just buy a new Gen 3.

I want thank everyone for their help!

Jeff

Before you buy. I might have a lightly used 06 OEM.. not sure.. would have to look.. but if I do you can have it free for shipping. 
Dcarver,

I would definitely be very interested in getting that rear shock from you and would pay you for to boot.

Please text or call me @ 816.521.8420

Dcarver,

I would definitely be very interested in getting that rear shock from you and would pay you for to boot.

Please text or call me @ 816.521.8420

Sparky80, just let me know how you want me to pay you; for example PayPal, Apple Cash, money order, or USPS Money Order.

I’m going try to put my address in the pull down menu for you.

My address is
A word of advice - never reveal personal details on what is essentially an open forum. Use the Personal Message facility provided by the Forum (the little envelope under the pull-down menu beside the banner picture).