Recommended Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryguy322

Reaction score
I just got my fjr a couple weeks ago, traded in a R6 for it so I can do longer distance riding. Specifically, this July I'm going from wi to wy. Anyway, I've been trying to decide what to do to make it more comfortable, but still look good. So what I'm asking for is recommendations on brand/type of what I've been thinking about adding.

I want:

exhaust: been looking at Muzzy's full system. Anyone have any experience with these as far as sound/quality/power increase? Much benefit over slip ons?

cruise control: been looking at the audiovox, but now just a throttle lock

highway pegs: looked at wild bills, but can't get much info. Are the still made? Any pics of somebody with the feet on them so I have an idea of position?

frame sliders: does pretty much everyone use these? Are some better that others or all pretty much the same?

Any other suggestions of what might be a good idea?

Cramp buster works great with the throttle going long distance. Having aftermarket pipes will definately make a long trip a breeze.

GPS w/MP3. By far, my favorite. Gotta have my tunes and I gotta know how to get home.

Skyway sliders (just my .02)

Afermarket seat

new windshield

tank bag

additonal lighting

throttle lock

Valentine one

GPS

satellite radio, with custom earplugs

This is just the minimum before you can leave the garage and start riding :assassin: :assassin: :assassin: until this is accomplished you cannot ride long distances

Throttlemeister cruise control works good. Corbin heated seat, Heated grips from Yamaha, frame sliders from Yamaha, I use a california scientific windshield, get a magnetic tank bag from Yamaha (they fit better) Don't mess with exhaust. Stock is fantastic great power and fuel economy, good sound. don't become one of those jerks with loud pipes! Loud pipes lose rights! There is a growing movement in cities to ban motorcycles. Why? The noise! Keep an eye out for the "No Motorcycles in this Area" signs!

Lights! I have a set of PIAA 1100x's mounted just below the mirrors and they are great! Im currently looking to getting a second pair, I wanna be able to burn the woods down. :yahoo:

I also have a Corbin seat....errr...actually, its called a saddle. The stock seat was horrible for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the farkles for now, ride south from Wyoming and come to NAFO! There, you will get up close and personal views of pretty much every farkle you can think of and decide which ones you want.

Seat, windshield, VistaCruise. All three can be had for less than the price of Staintunes. They will ad to your long distance comfort. The pipes will not. IMHO.

Forget the farkles for now, ride south from Wyoming and come to NAFO! There, you will get up close and personal views of pretty much every farkle you can think of and decide which ones you want.
Not to sound like an idiot, but what is NAFO and where is it?

Thanks to everyone else for your suggestions. I haven't heard anyone comment on the wild bill highway pegs though. Are these out there or not really?

And as far as exhaust, I found a sight that lists Muzzy slip on for $950 or a full system for like $750 *prices approximate*. Why would that be? Seems backwards to me.

Seat, windshield, VistaCruise. All three can be had for less than the price of Staintunes. They will ad to your long distance comfort. The pipes will not. IMHO.

I know the pipes won't add anything to comfort on the trip, but to be 100% honest I really really don't like the sound of the stock exhaust. Hate is a strong word, but may be appropriate.

Not to sound like an idiot, but what is NAFO and where is it?

Nevermind, simple search on yahoo and info galore. Bad thing is, I'm going during the week of july 4th. Work shuts down, so I don't have to burn any vacation. Looks like that stars aren't lining up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't mess with exhaust. Stock is fantastic great power and fuel economy, good sound. don't become one of those jerks with loud pipes! Loud pipes lose rights! There is a growing movement in cities to ban motorcycles. Why? The noise! Keep an eye out for the "No Motorcycles in this Area" signs!

Sorry Kev, I am one of those jerk amd I love my Devils pipes :D