Red Lodge Breakfast Option - Breakfast Burrito's at the Chateau

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
I've been working trying to figure out an option for a timely breakfast option at the Chateau Rouge.

I tried several local service groups, youth groups, church groups etc with no success.

The local Volunteer Coordinator put me in touch with a local Market and this is what we've got going:

Hi John-

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me earlier about your Yamaha group's trip to Red Lodge. June is a wonderful month to see Red Lodge, so I have a feeling you guys will have an excellent time here. The following is the selection of breakfast burritos I will have available to your group at 7am at the Chateau Rouge (I'm afraid 7 AM is as early as I can do it, given the prep time for 70 burritos- let me know if that's ok)

Maple Bacon, scrambled eggs, Colby Jack cheese: golden scrambled free-range, local eggs, bacon infused with real Vermont maple syrup, and generous amount of creamy Colby Jack. This is one of the favorites here in Red Lodge.

Chorizo, Potatoes, and Mozzarella: Chorizo made with locally-raised pork, roasted organic russet potatoes, organic jalapenos, organic red onions, organic diced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese

Vegetarian Burrito: Roasted russet potatoes, scrambled eggs (free range, local) organic roasted jalapenos, organic red onions, organic cilantro, organic diced tomatoes, tomatillo salsa, mozzarella

Montana Sunrise Burrito: Ground beef (grass-fed, Montana beef), free-range egg cooked over medium, picante red sauce, mild cheddar

Those are the four choices. Due to the number of people, I'm afraid the only custom modification I can offer on the burritos is I can offer them with no cheese (if you can get me a count of number desired) and no tortilla (I have burrito bowls). I am going to talk to Rue Freeman at the community center about the possibility of some kids from the boys and girls club serving the burritos. Take a look at all of this and let me know if it looks agreeable. The price will be $5.00 per burrito, and as I mentioned I do have a mobile card reader but I would ask that most people try to pay with cash if at all possible. Please don't hesitate if you have any questions.

Thanks and look forward to seeing you guys in Red Lodge!

Will Rubey, Moon Lake Market

406-446-4240

As you can see from the above The owner is taking a leap of faith on us.

He needs some idea of how many of each type he might sell

He will have Coffee and Juice as well.

How about a post below to give me some idea of the number of folks that are or might be interested in this option.

What better way to get ready for the day than to stand around in the parking lot, eating your Gourmet Burrito, waiting for the last guy/Gal in your group to show up for the ride,

Thanks for your input!

John

Maple Bacon and....for me each morning would get me going.
weight_lift.gif
yes.gif

One Maple Bacon and one Montana Sunrise for 2 of us on Friday. We'll split each and decide what to order for Saturday. Many thanks to John for taking the time to put this together.

Need input for Friday on Wednesday, but I'm trying to get a sense of demand more than an accurate count.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely in. The B/E&C and Montana Sunrise sound great. (Although I'm thinking a little digesting time before hopping on the bike might be prudent.
smile.png
)

We are not staying at the Chateau Rouge, so we probably won't be partaking, but the 7 AM bit has me concerned. This isn't some bootcamp you're running is it? For heaven's sake, I might stagger over for something at 10-11:00 AM, but I can't imagine looking at any of this crew any earlier in the day than that.

We are not staying at the Chateau Rouge, so we probably won't be partaking, but the 7 AM bit has me concerned. This isn't some bootcamp you're running is it? For heaven's sake, I might stagger over for something at 10-11:00 AM, but I can't imagine looking at any of this crew any earlier in the day than that.
This ain't no BMW event, FJR rider's ride, many will have been up and back over the Beartooth by 0700.