Replaced my Electrosport stator...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMD

Reaction score
After right around 45 thousand miles of aux lights, heated jacket and gloves, Autocom, XM Radio, and cruise control my Electrosport stator finally gave it up. Not surprising IIRC, as I seem to remember several folks saying 50K was about the max life one should expect given the loads placed upon the stator. Here are a few pictures of the old one...

IMG_9175.jpg

I had some sealant (1194) in place 'cause after a few thousand miles it began to weep oil slightly.

IMG_9176.jpg

Close-up shot of the BBQ'd Electrosport...

IMG_9178.jpg

The new one...

IMG_9177.jpg

Special thanks to Desert Cycle Works of Twentynine Palms, CA for the use of their facility and tools. Thanks guys, I couldn't ride like this without your assistance.

EDIT: Current mileage on my '05 FJR is just shy of 102,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you run the new one for a month and it'll look brown just like the one you replaced........from personal experience. Wish we had an alternative to the ES

EDIT: Current mileage on my '05 FJR is just shy of 102,000.
You need to post up on the 'FJR Mileage Milestones' thread.

As for the stator, perhaps you should have tried upgrading to the Gen components. It would have been quite a bit more pricey, but should last indefinitely.

Latest posts