Ride Pics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the 666 (as was) in Southern Colorado? Our map was only a year or two old when we picked out that road and got very lost trying to find it. We did find a road with a different number that went in exactly the same direction. We had no idea that the road had been renumbered.
The 'Devils Highway' - U.S. Route 666 was in all the the four corner states - Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado. One of the reasons for the change in route numbering was the high theft rate of the highway signs. Imagine that.

Wikipedia on Rte. 666

This one from our trip out West 2006, Glacier National Park, Montana.

1892709908_6c3b00dbd2_b.jpg

Jeff Ashe, does ScooterG's 4th picture remind you off anything? Only thing missing is a antelope & Karen.
Great pic's. Will be saving some for my screen saver. Thx
I was thinking exactly that! BTDT road. Wonder if that damn antelope is still hanging around, or if I scared her as badly as she scared me.

:)

We should caption that photo "Worst gas mileage Best Time I ever had on an FJR"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have so many wonderful pictures from the last two years on the FJR. Many etched timelessly in my mind, some as digital images of clarity. But sorry guys and gals, no matter how beautiful the scenery and how sleek the bike, THIS is my favorite "ride photo". I don't even remember what place I finished in that race, because in their eyes I was #1.

Jeffandgirls.jpg

Here's one that I took while doing the Iron Butt Association 50 National Parks in 25 States Tour. The Friendship Hill site in PA was the home of Albert Gallatin, a protege of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. The driveway to the site grabbed my attention.

FriendshipHilldriveway.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sucks in comparison to some of the great shots posted up thus far, but this is my favorite (and only) ride pic:

HWY_20_RIDE_20070728.jpg

Washington SR-530, on the way to Hwy 20.

Let's see

Close to top of Cherohala Skyway

DSC02800.jpg

Entry to Little River Canyon

DSC02313.jpg

Sunset next to Tyndall AFB outside of Panama City

DSC02850.jpg

Same Sunset, better color

DSC02849.jpg

Breakfast on Hwy 98

DSC02861.jpg

Ya know folks.....being new here, and an infrequent poster myself, I never had the pleasure of corresponding with OrangevaleFJR but was still saddened to read of his passing. Then, just browsing thru this thread, I see this post of his and realize it just about sums up my best times on a bike...or in a car for that matter. I think I'll pass on getting a GPS gizmo any time soon.....

sometimes you are riding along and see a road that you've never seen before, from a road that you've never been on before and you figure, well, I won't be any more lost if I take that one.

...enough said...

Ray

Well, I have to preface my modest selection by saying my all-time favorite ride pics have always been whatever O'vale and Sherry posted...doubt that will ever change.

From this past year...riding in Canada

CFRTOEOM023.jpg

...cool, brisk stop in the Catskills of New York

CFRTOEOM047.jpg

...touring through the hills of Pennsylvania

CFRTOEOM059.jpg

CFRTOEOM061.jpg

...enjoying the joshing and jesting conversation with friends after a good day's ride in West Virginia

CFRTOEOM105.jpg

...getting back into mcy camping

CFRTOEOM035.jpg