Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkin

Reaction score
Went to get the bike and the battery is dead. Finally figured out when checking

dash lights I left the grip heaters on..oh well..couldn't be too hard to charge

the battery? :unsure: Not the easiest access but after removing the plastic

pieces a few times it got easier...don't ask... :lol:

Battery finally charged and to the road I go.. :yahoo: Coming off a BMWR1100GS

the counter-steering took some getting used to. Not like my sons FZ but definately

more noticable than the GS. Once I got used to how it handled I hit some twisties.

MUCH nicer road manners than anything I've ridden before. Power was good but not

to the point of being too much. Handling perfect for this old fat man. I felt

faster and better than I really am. :clapping:

I really enjoyed the sound. This bike is quiet but when going thru the gears

at higher RPMs it sounds great.

Ergonomics are a little tight for me. Might invest in a taller seat or highway

pegs. Already has the bar risers.

The only complaint is the windshield. It shoots the air right at the top of my

helmet, even with it up, and buffetts the piss out of my head. VERY noisy at

70mph plus.

With all that said..any recommendations on an inexpensive (cheap) way to fix

the windshield?...laminar lip?..used tall shield?

Thanks all for the contributions to the forum.. I've learned a lot here.

Nice you got a break and could let it run. No shortage of twisty roads in WV...or forest rats either. :dribble:

It is a fun bike between 5K and 9K rpms. :yahoo:

There are as many windshield solutions as there are members here, but the stock shield is pretty bad for directing a buffeting airflow at your head. Almost better to lower the shield and take it in the chest until you change it. I use a +4 tall +4 wide Cee Bailey's in winter, and touring shield in summer. Lots of Rifle, Cal Sci, and other shields in use. Lots of discussion in the NEPRT forum on this topic, so I'm glad this is a ride report. Any pics? :lol:

Hey, if there aren't any pics or discussions of roads taken...then this ain't but a thinly disguised windshield thread...or dead battery thread. :D

I use a Cee Bailey +4 wide and +4 tall as well. It is lightly tinted grey and has the reverse flip. It works great. The stocker is a junker. I want to get a smaller shield for the the summer (summer last about 6 weeks here in Seattle). It will be a Cee Bailey's too, likely a +0 wide and +0 tall. I am 5' 11 3/4" tall with a 32 inseam. I have not tried other screens.

Sorry folks...was just looking thru the windshield threads. Guess its been beaten to death.

Anyhow, after the battery thing I took off and forgot the camera. But heres a pic if you must. :rolleyes:

trip98.jpg

Hey, if there aren't any pics or discussions of roads taken...then this ain't but a thinly disguised windshield thread...or dead battery thread. :D

I Promise. :lol: next time I'll get some pics. And no talk about windshields, batteries, oil or flashing lights.

As long as you're taking pictures of your mirror, how do you like the view of your elbows on that bike? :lol:

Or are they already FZ1 mirrors?