Ride the Blue Ridge Parkway N to S Sat. Morning?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerray

Reaction score
I'm riding the Blue Ridge Parkway south from Front Royal Saturday morning. I'll be getting started early. Anyone interested in meeting for a quick breakfast and an early ride, say, be riding by 7AM?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm riding the Blue Ridge Parkway south from Front Royal Saturday morning. I'll be getting started early. Anyone interested in meeting for a quick breakfast and an early ride, say, be riding by 7AM?
Watch out for the park rangers, they take speeding very serious, great road but the 35mph speed limit is a killer on the skyline drive part.

In case you aren't aware Skyline Dr runs from Front Royal to Waynesboro, VA. The speed limit is 35. The rangers are pretty fierce. Stay close to the limit.

From Waynesboro the rest of the way south into NC is the Parkway. Speed limit is 45 & 35 in some spots. Stay close to it. This is federal land & speeding is VERY frowned upon & fines can be heavy. The upside of being caught speeding on federal land is it won't count as a moving violation on your record.

This ride is beautiful but be aware of the rangers.

Have a good trip. I sure wish that I could join you.

Heidi

Would love to but have a wedding to go to in Winchester tomorrow AM. No, not at Winchester Cathedral.

I've ridden it before and could go fast enough to make it fun. It doesn't hurt a thing that I'm a fed. park ranger too ;) I'm not with the Park Service, however, and they'd probably be inclined to get me too!! Thanks for the heads-up, though. Anyway, I knew it was short notice, but I thought I would just see what happened.

I'll be eating breakfast at McDonald's on South St/55 and will try to be at the gate of Skyline Dr. around 7 or 7:15 AM. If anyone wants to meet up for a ride or just wants to have breakfast, I'll see you there.

*****Change of plan*****

Since I didn't really get any takers on the northern section, I suppose I'll eat breakfast at McD's as planned, then take the quickest way down to Virginia Tech, then ride the Parkway as far as I can to south of the Smokies. Once again optimistic, but that would put me in better shape to run the Cherohala Skyway Sunday morning. If I start running out of time I have to do whatever I can to be back home in N. MS by "not too late" Sunday evening.

Happy riding everybody. It should be a good weekend for it this time.