Ride to San Jose then down 1 to Pismo Beach October 23rd Returing back October 27th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff D

Reaction score
I am going on my annual ride with a buddy of mine who lives in Saratoga, CA. We are leaving down Thursday October 23rd then spending the night in Saratoga on Friday October 24th. From here we will be riding up Hwy 9 to Hwy 1 then down the coast to Pismo beach where my friend has a spot reserved with his 5th wheel at Pismo Dunes RV park. Saturday or Sunday will include a ride either back up 1 or towards Santa Maria then back up to Hwy 58 which is an awesome road which winds about 120 miles out to Taft, CA. Some great roads and company for anyone interested in going. Right now we are looking at two riders while the 5th wheel sleeps 5-6 with plenty of camping space outside of the unit. Great Clam Chowder, Mexican food and steaks are in store for anyone who might be interested. If you want to get away with some great company let me know and you are invited for a great trip down Hwy1 to Pismo then for some day rides during the weekend

Jeff

About how long will it take us to get from Saratogo to Pismo???... I have stuff to do that weekend... but the ride sounds good B)

About how long will it take us to get from Saratogo to Pismo???... I have stuff to do that weekend... but the ride sounds good B)
I would say about 4 1/2-5 Hours. We usually stop in Big Sur then the super expensive gas station about half way down. Since we are heading out on a Friday traffic could be light thus the trip maybe more around the 4 hour mark.

Jeff just gave me all the details I need to make a comprehensive decision.

Beer

Crab

Relaxing

I'm in. :yahoo:

Damn <_< I'm going to miss you & I live across Hwy1 from the State Camground. That weekend is the Annual "AIRHEADS" in Manchester Beach October Fest at the KOA group site. Well the Best Steak Samwich is JOCKO'O in Nipomo. Cold Springs Tavern on San Marcus Pass is a Great lunch. Eating in Pismo ROSA'S is a favorate. I'll forward this to local FJR Polits

Damn <_< I'm going to miss you & I live across Hwy1 from the State Camground. That weekend is the Annual "AIRHEADS" in Manchester Beach October Fest at the KOA group site. Well the Best Steak Samwich is JOCKO'O in Nipomo. Cold Springs Tavern on San Marcus Pass is a Great lunch. Eating in Pismo ROSA'S is a favorate. I'll forward this to local FJR Polits
=======

Thanks bro.........

I never know where the good stuff is at.......... might take my boys down there and rent a dunebuggy ........ :clapping:

Hey Jeff,

Been looking for an reason to head over to Pismo (Portagee Palm Springs) got an Uncle that lives by himself in Grover Beach that I need to go visit. Also I have never went back home across 58 and would like to try it. Also would like to meet some of you guys. Lot of Norcal rides and Socal rides most of the time it's just a ride to get to you guys. So this looks like my best chance so far.

Stan