Rider down - Frushlorton - on the way home from EOM 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this on Facebook, but still on the road, so just now catching up. I'm so glad you're recovering, and home with your loving family. All the best with your continued recovery, and sorting the wreck mess out.

Speaking of "family", it is so wonderful to see how everyone here has responded and shown sincere concern for Steve and his family, especially Bob. 👍🏻

It just reaffirms that the people on here are the best, and I feel fortunate to have found a home here.

Speaking of "family", it is so wonderful to see how everyone here has responded and shown sincere concern for Steve and his family, especially Bob.

It just reaffirms that the people on here are the best, and I feel fortunate to have found a home here.
amen, brother! :wub:

Never met the man yet feel like he's my brother. Heal up quick but take your time if that makes any sense.

Never met the man yet feel like he's my brother. Heal up quick but take your time if that makes any sense.
Thanks Don, after the first night home it appears the pain management plan will need some work. We will start PT this week and will stay on short-term disability until we can get the shoulder and ribs straightened out.

Steve - Such good news to see you home so quickly. There is no better place to heal the body, mind, & soul than at home with family and friends close by. The bonds formed when we get together at gatherings such as EOM are so much stronger than we realize, until an unfortunate event such as this happens.

Hats off to Bob, who jumped in without hesitation to help. A class act, period.

Now, the real work begins - attack every day, every challenge. We're all right here cheering you on.

Wayne

Boy this FJR community is tight! I'm glad that reading this thread ended well. All the best to you in the future Steve and family even though I don't know you at all.

Cheers all.

Rod

Glad to hear you're doing well. Have a speedy recovery. I guess we have to be nice to Bob now.
Be nice to Bob?
no.gif

Push-ups were completed as digging through the red tape to move follow-up appointments from Tricare to Mary Washington. Also, "ran" around the accident site to determine likelihood she was able to see me in the yellow suite.

Push-ups were completed as digging through the red tape to move follow-up appointments from Tricare to Mary Washington. Also, "ran" around the accident site to determine likelihood she was able to see me in the yellow suite.
I saw where your accident occurred and there is a lot more sight distance there than a lot of the other roads in that area. If you can't clearly see for a reasonable distance then you should't just pull right out. I will bet she looked, briefly, for the distance she could see and then just pulled right out. I was thinking about that exact thing when pulling out of Stoney Hill onto Hartwood road. You have to nose out a little to really see. Unfortunately most people don't adjust there driving to the conditions.

Steve, it may be a bit early for this, but for the next bike, get some front-end auxiliary lighting. It really makes a world of difference in your visibility and how other drivers react to you and perceive your distance and speed.

Looking forward to seeing you back on 2-wheels again soon.

Steve, it may be a bit early for this, but for the next bike, get some front-end auxiliary lighting. It really makes a world of difference in your visibility and how other drivers react to you and perceive your distance and speed.

I am waiting for the prism that makes my bike lighting look like a big rig so the 4 wheelers fear the pancake effect when they see me coming!
lazy.gif

X1000!

Thinking about getting into the durable medical goods business. The oxygen company just stopped by to provide the "upgraded" version of the concentrator they initially provided. Instead of giving me a six pack of small refillable bottles for travel, they brought a concentrator that refills two 4 hr bottles on top.

Good to hear you making progress.
Sorry I didn't get to see you, couldn't walk for several days with the back.
No worries Mike, been a little down physically lately myself. Made it by the Hartwood Vol FD to say thanks to the EMT crew that scooped me up.

Stopped by to see the bike as the insurance co. wants to total it. I think I took the windshield to the abs. The bike is in relatively good shape considering. They are totaling due to the gauge cluster being broken. With right at 20K, that engine still has a lot of life and does not appear to have been touched from front to the exhaust tips.

I would guess the forks are also trashed. If you're considering salvage, the engine, ABS block, wheels and other parts and fairings have a lot of value. Most guys find it is a nuisance, but Ignacio recently parted out his 05 (non-ABS) and would be a good resource to ask if it's worthwhile. The insurance value of the bike is likely more than you would be able to sell it for, and it sounds like a new bike is soon in your future.

Last edited by a moderator: