Riding the Highlands July1-July4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bungie

FrostBack #2 - IBA # 44620
Reaction score
Just putting this out there..

Jim (VFR1200) and I were supposed to head south to the Dragon but their calling for rain every day. Given the purpose was to ride twisty roads, that's not such much fun or even a good idea. So we've bailed on that idea.

In it's place, were going to run the Highlands of Ontario (Algonquin, Kawartha, Haliburton, Calabogie and maybe even a bit of QC). Theirs some very good riding in the area. We've booked out of the Holiday Inn Express in Pembroke as a home base.

If your looking for a ride, come join us.

Stalk Tracker Linky: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=da805582c841b3e84

Just noticed your entry, if you are planning on heading to the Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap) you should check out the Back of the Dragon, it isn't as well known, but the ride is fantastic. I have ridden both and enjoyed the Back of the Dragon more. The Back of the Dragon is VA 16 from Tazewell Va, to Hungry Mother Park, which is just north of Marion VA.

This post is over a year old...but that's okay, good advice given. Steve has been down to 16...in fact, most of the EOM participants probably hit 16.

Last edited by a moderator:
True that Mark.

I'd make a detour to ride 16 years before it was 'named'. It's my favourite road.

Side note: I rode 16 to up with Line, she was giggling in her helmet.