Riding to EOM from Fl / South Georgia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also live in Jacksonville (actually Fruit Cove in St. Johns County). I went to EOM last year and it was fun. This year I may go again and I tent camp along the way and/or will camp up at EOM - I will try to be at Tomba's in August. :) (05 FJR - about 22,000 miles now).

All Jax riders......
A planning meeting for those thinking of going to the EOM will be held at TOMBO's restaurant on Saturday, August 5 at 8:30 A.M. TOMBO's is located on Phillip's Hwy. just south of where Sunbeam Rd. joins Phillips. As you head south, TOMBO's is on the left side of Phillips. I hope everyone interested can make it. If we need to change to a diferent place or time, let me know.

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605
I hope to make this meeting. Good company always makes the ride more enjoyable. :D

All Jax riders......

A planning meeting for those thinking of going to the EOM will be held at TOMBO's restaurant on Saturday, August 5 at 8:30 A.M. TOMBO's is located on Phillip's Hwy. just south of where Sunbeam Rd. joins Phillips. As you head south, TOMBO's is on the left side of Phillips. I hope everyone interested can make it. If we need to change to a diferent place or time, let me know.

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605
I hope to make this meeting. Good company always makes the ride more enjoyable. :D
I rode most of the route to the EOM last weekend. Friday afternoon to Blacksburg VA and back Sat afternoon. It was about 1200 miles doing mostly slab with a few side trips on RT 58 and RT 8 in VA. The roads were all good except for maybe 50 miles thru GA on I-95. Heavy traffic all the time around Statesville at the lakes (back up for 15 miles due to sight seeing at the boats). I recommend a different around that area. See you guys at the meeting on August 5th.

Wade

Greetings to all! Looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow morning at Tombo's!

For those needing directions (like me) here is a link to Tombo's.

Tombo's

Vernon

All Jax riders......

Tom Knight

cell 307-4171

office 221-2605

prevatt - I plan on being there! see ya in the morn! Floridafeeger

(of course I will still be half asleep as I will not have had my daily intake of caffeine yet!)

It was great meeting the NE Florida riders for breakfast yesterday. Hats off to "Borrec" for stopping by all the way from Daleville, AL. I'll post contact info directly to your email addresses so we can confirm details for the ride to the EOM.

Wade

It was great meeting the NE Florida riders for breakfast yesterday. Hats off to "Borrec" for stopping by all the way from Daleville, AL. I'll post contact info directly to your email addresses so we can confirm details for the ride to the EOM.
Wade

Hats off to Borrec, for sure. That's almost 300 miles, one way. :clapping: :clapping:

Wade
Per our discussion at Sat Breakfast several weeks ago. Let's ride to Daytona this coming Saturday. We will meet at the Gate Station on Phillips Hwy and 210 at 0800.

We can take Phillips Hwy to St Augustine (to A1A), then down to Daytona along the coast. From there to Corbin, Helmet City and wherever? Plan to be back around noon or whenever folks want to cut loose.

Vernon

I'd love to ride Sat but I'll have to work. I took the last 4 days off for the family as my brother past away on Friday of a heart attack. (45 years old). It was hard on everyone.

I'd love to ride Sat but I'll have to work. I took the last 4 days off for the family as my brother past away on Friday of a heart attack. (45 years old). It was hard on everyone.
Sorry to hear about your brother. Best of luck to you and your family.

As for the ride, I'm out this weekend. Have to do wedding duty down south.

Wade, sorry about your brother. I hope for better things for you and your family down the road.

I can't make it as I have officer duties on Saturday with my chapter. Hope the rest of you have a great time with perfect weather and lots of curves. I know, Florida, 11 turns in 318 miles.

:D

Darnit, we missed the meet up. + we are moving the boy to Gainesville this Sat. so we can't make the Daytona trip.

Sorry guys, were plans solidified?

We made an eclectic group this morning on our ride to Daytona. 2 FJRs, a Speed Triple, 2 Guzzis and a racer riding a Ducati. Riding around most of the rain (until the end of the ride) we had a terrific ride and a great breakfast in Daytona.

Lessons learned:

- If Tom has his rain gear on, it will not rain. If he does not, you will get wet. If he stops to put on his rain gear when it is raining, it will stop raining.

- Mike knows where to eat breakfast in Daytona!

- Corbin Saddles ignores you unless you ride in on a Harley.

- Helmet City disappeared.

- The BMW folks in Daytona are friendly, but riding gear is expensive.

- The Harley guy at Rosignal will brag about the American Iron choppers with 117 HP <we just smiled>.

- Then there was the rough looking gal on the Harley who wanted to ride with us......

re: final details for ride to Boone still need working. We do have several us desiring a 2 day ride up. How about we get together Labor Day weekend to discuss details? A quick meet for breakfast perhaps?

ride safe! Vernon

Vernon, how about we meet at my house on the 27th at 5pm. The wife and I will throw together some snacks and drinks and we'll plan the trip to Boone. Any and all area riders are encouraged to attend to meet and make plans for the trip. I live close to I-10/I-295 in Jacksonville. All riders let me know asap. Spouses are welcome. I'll pm with directions. Let me know guys!

We made an eclectic group this morning on our ride to Daytona. 2 FJRs, a Speed Triple, 2 Guzzis and a racer riding a Ducati. Riding around most of the rain (until the end of the ride) we had a terrific ride and a great breakfast in Daytona.
Lessons learned:

- If Tom has his rain gear on, it will not rain. If he does not, you will get wet. If he stops to put on his rain gear when it is raining, it will stop raining.

- Mike knows where to eat breakfast in Daytona!

- Corbin Saddles ignores you unless you ride in on a Harley.

- Helmet City disappeared.

- The BMW folks in Daytona are friendly, but riding gear is expensive.

- The Harley guy at Rosignal will brag about the American Iron choppers with 117 HP <we just smiled>.

- Then there was the rough looking gal on the Harley who wanted to ride with us......

re: final details for ride to Boone still need working. We do have several us desiring a 2 day ride up. How about we get together Labor Day weekend to discuss details? A quick meet for breakfast perhaps?

ride safe! Vernon

That was a great time. Should do it more often.

Tim and I got dumped on, big time, coming up A1A, after we left you guy's. Somehow I just can't get used to water seeping into my crotch as I'm riding along. Got to start riding with rain gear one of these day's. :D

Got back to Neptune Beach and it had not rained a drop all day!